View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 07:31 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Gonna do 24 while I have the time.

Motörhead - The Wörld Is Yours

Two short disclaimers here: First, as we all know is the nature of lists like this the "sureness" of an album's placement is less defined the further down the list you go, so lower ranking albums like this can move up and down pretty easily. I would say that until it reaches my top 10 this is really a loose ranking, just my impression of the order I think they should be at the time of decision. Secondly, I am counting this as a 2011 album because that's when it went on sale - just because it was put out in some magazine (and interweb) in the very end of last December does not make it a 2010 release.

Ok, so Motörhead - we all know what they sound like (and if you don't I'm not sure how you ended up on this site), and that's what this album sounds like. It's hard to say much about this album because I pretty much just described it already. If you like Motörhead, you'll like this. It's a great album that pulls no punches. The only reason I haven't ranked it higher is because, while stylistic differences are negligible, the raw "goodness" of the album when compared to other modern Motörhead albums fails to compete with 2004's Inferno and 2008's Motorizer.

That said, this is a very good Motörhead album. I am a fan of Motörhead. That's why this album belongs on my list.

Recommended song:
"Bye Bye Bitch Bye Bye