View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 05:55 PM
...So let the children come to me, their mother loves me so shall they...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post

15) Moonsorrow - Varjoina Kuljemme Kuolleiden Maassa
A really solid album I think they achieved a lot of what they wanted to on this one especially the atmospheric elements. Huuto is the standout track for me too

Quote:

14) Deafheaven Roads to Judah
Another good pick and a fair description too. Although it can sound chaotic at times they capture the melancholy of the sound they wanted to create pretty well through this record. Excited to see them live with Alcest!

Quote:

13) Obscura Omnivium
Obscura have become one of my favorite bands of late so I'm pleased to see this here I agree with you that I'd still rate Cosmogenesis to be more enjoyable than Omnivium unlike a lot of people actually.

Quote:

11) Loss Despond
Always nice to see some love for Loss! Especially after this album being in the works for seven years. Generally people advise not to listen to music such as this when you're depressed fearing it could make you worse but as I said earlier I was going through a low point in life lately and I found this album helped me face my problems with a sense of inexplicable strength! Cut up is probably one of the saddest songs I've heard. Another standout for me on this is "Silent and Completely Overcome" where Brett's clean vocals really complement Mike's otherworldly gutteral vocals.