Go ahead Doom Master,
The greatest mod there's ever been,
If you ban me now,
You've banned another whiny teen.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Banned Asshole

Glad you approve
Old 03-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouville View Post
Should I ban him for writing this
I vote no. But as for "Dio is a gayass / Who's really really gay" I think no penalty can be too severe.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
I vote no. But as for "Dio is a gayass / Who's really really gay" I think no penalty can be too severe.
Too late
Old 03-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
I vote "not necessarily for that, but for stupid shit he said a long time ago." Kind of like the polar opposite of Martin Scorcese getting an Oscar for the Departed.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:32 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
The movie Dead Alive. If you haven't seen it, you must. It's an early Peter Jackson film, a hilarious horror/zombie movie takeoff. The guy in the avatar is a kung-fu-fighting preacher who roundhouse kicks his way through zombie legions in the church graveyard. "I kick ass for the Lord!" is a direct quote.
Dead Alive is one of the most awesome movies ever.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:59 AM
The Cheese

Okay. I like Dio (I think that's pretty well established), but I think his lyrics are pretty iffy (I think that's also well established.)

The way I see it, Dio just isn't creative. Sorry, but he's beaten to death about every cliché in existence, he can't write metaphors, and he definitely takes himself far too seriously. Take Magica, for instace. It may be the worst story ever written. It's generic, cliché, and overly dramatic. So he puts it to music. Good grief.

Furthermore, it's well known that Dio is over 60. You're telling me that somebody who has spent their entire life traveling the world, meeting people, and jamming with great musicians has nothing better to write about than spiders, dragons, masters of the moon, and making the devil the cry?

Get real.

Dio's a lazy songwriter, a poor lyricist, and has admitted in interviews he doesn't even care to create new music anymore, and only does so he can tour. So while that makes it a bit easier to write off his recent albums, it still offers no excuse for the abomination that is "Sacred Heart" and the unholy curse upon this world that is the Dio's-face-in-a-crystal-ball introduction to the song live ("Come with me children as we cross the rainbow bridge.")
Old 03-26-2007, 10:11 AM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

I guess that makes Dio the most rockin' D&D nerd in existence.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
Okay. I like Dio (I think that's pretty well established), but I think his lyrics are pretty iffy (I think that's also well established.)

The way I see it, Dio just isn't creative. Sorry, but he's beaten to death about every cliché in existence, he can't write metaphors, and he definitely takes himself far too seriously. Take Magica, for instace. It may be the worst story ever written. It's generic, cliché, and overly dramatic. So he puts it to music. Good grief.

Furthermore, it's well known that Dio is over 60. You're telling me that somebody who has spent their entire life traveling the world, meeting people, and jamming with great musicians has nothing better to write about than spiders, dragons, masters of the moon, and making the devil the cry?

Get real.

Dio's a lazy songwriter, a poor lyricist, and has admitted in interviews he doesn't even care to create new music anymore, and only does so he can tour. So while that makes it a bit easier to write off his recent albums, it still offers no excuse for the abomination that is "Sacred Heart" and the unholy curse upon this world that is the Dio's-face-in-a-crystal-ball introduction to the song live ("Come with me children as we cross the rainbow bridge.")
So don't buy his new albums.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:29 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
So don't buy his new albums.
Yep. Me not buying his albums will make him write better lyrics.