Whitechapel:

contained:

The Somatic Defilement
Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation
The Darkest Day Of Man

Cattle Decapitation: 9/10
Revocation: 9/10
Whitechapel: 1/10

Didn't stay for Job for a Cowboy. Review to come.
11/11 - Raven
11/12 - Eyehategod
Old 05-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Revocation were above Cattle Decapitation?
Old 05-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
Revocation were above Cattle Decapitation?
Nope, lineup:

Job For A Cowboy
Whitechapel
Cattle Decapitation
Revocation
Local band (generic, so I'll have to look them up. )
11/11 - Raven
11/12 - Eyehategod
Old 05-22-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Looks like a solid Cattle set. Better(more diverse) than the last time I saw them.
As cool as Harvest Floor was I can't wait till they start touring in support of something else, I guess they have to write something else first, I don't really care, I just want some mixed up sets
Old 05-22-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Looks like a solid Cattle set. Better(more diverse) than the last time I saw them.
As cool as Harvest Floor was I can't wait till they start touring in support of something else, I guess they have to write something else first, I don't really care, I just want some mixed up sets
TBH Harvest Floor tracks are my favorite to hear live. Their touring bassist right now is from Topeka and in the band Troglodyte (FUCK YEAH) and they really have some amazing jazz aesthetics to their performance, especially with the guitars. It's always mindblowing.

Edit: And Travis doing the noise thing is almost like a fucking early birthday present to me.
11/11 - Raven
11/12 - Eyehategod
Old 05-22-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Edit: And Travis doing the noise thing is almost like a fucking early birthday present to me.
Yeah I've heard he's doing it between almost every song now , that'd be awesome to see, on Killing Till Oblivion is was every now an then. I think 5/5/2000 is pretty much done, so probably just merging the drone and noise stuff back in, which I wholeheartedly support.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:55 PM

The last time I saw Job For A Cowboy for their opening acts, it was one of the worst concert experiences I've ever had. Luckily, this time was much better all around.

The Bottleneck in Lawrence is one of the worst venues in the summer. It was like an oven in there, and the cooling air produced by the loud amps gave the most relief of the night. It helped at times.

The first band of the night was Independance, MO's own The Roman Holiday. If they were trying to be a carbon copy of Job For A Cowboy throughout the years, they certainly have done a good job. Honestly, their newer stuff sounded just like a more generic version of JFAC's newer stuff, and their "older stuff" sounded just like "Doom"-era JFAC, breakdowns and all. They never had any solo's, the vocalist could only scream in one way, and every song sounded the same. The drummer had some chops, though. I digress, I can think of a couple bands I'd rather see open up this concert, but I can think of a ton more I wouldn't want to see.

The kings of scene kid-destroying metal Revocation were next and they melted faces with every song. I saw them open for Quo Vadis in Baltimore last year and I'm disappointed it took me this long to see them again, but it made it that much better. It took about halfway through their set for the crowd to get really into it, but with enough insane solos and catchy rhythms, the crowd was really responsive the entire set. Complete with band crowd-surfing and dual solo's, Revocation will always put on one of the best and most energetic set's you'll ever see.

Cattle Decapitation should be a legendary metal band after last year. Releasing one of the freshest, most progressive death metal albums in recent years, their live show only improves upon itself with each viewing. The Harvest Floor tracks sound amazing live and with just one guitar there makes for some amazing moments that are almost like freeform jazz in some sense. They've started to include the genre of noise music into their shows now and, to me, that's a huge plus. Travis is still one of the best extreme metal vocalists around (even though before the show he looked like a chubby Michael Scott) and their new bass player is from Troglodyte from Wichita! YEAH! Still amazing, best set I've seen them put on.

I went back to the merch stands for Whitechapel and I'll keep it brief: they are the first band I've ever seen without any redeemable musical qualities live. The sound was really quiet too because I was in the back, but I like to think it was because Cattle Decapitation melted the soundboard. Three guitarists all playing breakdowns, breakdowns make up a majority of the song, boring, etc. Terrible. One of the worst bands of all time and the worst live performance I've ever been a part of.

David of Revocation talked with me for a while. I got a ReaniManiac shirt and for $5 more when you buy a shirt, I got a CD (Empire Of The Obscene) which he signed for me. Great guys, and he had a funny conversation with Travis Ryan of Cattle while I was waiting in line:

Travis Ryan walks by in a Forbidden "Twisted Into Form" shirt.
David: "Hey Travis! I have that same shirt...except it's not a shitty bootleg version! HAHA!"
Travis: " I got this at the show! This ain't no bootleg! I saw them on this tour...how old are you again? HAHA!"

11/11 - Raven
11/12 - Eyehategod
Old 05-22-2010, 10:46 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I got a ReaniManiac shirt
I have that shirt
Old 05-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Bruised, hoarse, tired, sweaty, pained, and I had way more fun than you

LURVE Revocation

As for White Chapel... someone has to be at the bottom
Old 05-23-2010, 05:52 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Loving the extended setlist from Cattle. Since they only got 20 mins when I saw them at NEMHF, I would have popped if they had played Testicular Manslaughter that day. They changed the order a bit too. Also i need to see Revocation ASAP. I hope they come to MA in the near future.
12/21 TRC/DI
12/27 Four Year Strong

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/

Tags
cattle decapitation, revocation, whitechapel