Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 02-25-2011, 03:08 PM
bobisdead911 bobisdead911 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stoney Creek, ON, CA
Posts: 136
yeah was too lazy to do a full review, but IDW was pretty sick, I was wanting to see what the new singer was like, and he delivered. No disappointment for the loss of Jon. VOM was good, but same set as always and theyre way too over with the scene kids for a metal band, so they get annoying, same with Acacia Strain, and I had just seen them twice recently, but good that they played different songs this time around. Whitechapel I must admit is HUGE over. Ppl go apeshit for them and for good reason, their live show is tight. I wouldve as somone said liked to hear more from SD, especially that song in particular, I don't know if Phil avoids it just to give his voice a break, but still theres some brutal songs on that record, the one that got me into them, so they need to add more. Overall a good show, but not the best I've seen of any of the bands. IDW probably won me over, those guys can bring it.
__________________
8/8 - I Declare War/Molotov Solution
8/9 - Summer Slaughter
8/13 - Blind Witness
9/16 - Parkway Drive
9/24 - Crush Em All
12/7 - BTBAM/AAL
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-25-2011, 04:33 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisdead911 View Post
I wouldve as somone said liked to hear more from SD, especially that song in particular, I don't know if Phil avoids it just to give his voice a break, but still theres some brutal songs on that record, the one that got me into them, so they need to add more.
I completely agree. SD was their best record by far. I think they've just been playing it for a while, and now that they actually got new material, want to give everyone a chance to hear the new stuff they worked a while on.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-25-2011, 08:25 PM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,708
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
I completely agree. SD was their best record by far. I think they've just been playing it for a while, and now that they actually got new material, want to give everyone a chance to hear the new stuff they worked a while on.
I don't know a whole lot about WC, but I too prefer their first album to their 2nd + 3rd. I don't DISLIKE them, the problem to my ears is that none of them really stick out to me. 4-5 songs from SD do stick out IMO.
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

07/28-Cannibal Corpse (?)
08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)
11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-25-2011, 08:50 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
I don't know a whole lot about WC, but I too prefer their first album to their 2nd + 3rd. I don't DISLIKE them, the problem to my ears is that none of them really stick out to me. 4-5 songs from SD do stick out IMO.
Eh, I would say that Posession is pretty unique for Whitechapel in the style it's written. I'd also say the same for Reprogrammed to Hate, especially with the vocals by Chino from Deftones. Other than that, those albums are average. Not horrible, but nothing like SD.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
i declare war, the acacia strain, veil of maya, whitechapel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:11 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008