Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Rochester, NY -- October 1st, 2014
Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014

Old 10-26-2012, 06:15 AM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

GWAR -- Austin, TX -- October 25th, 2012

I arrived at Emo's East with a couple of friends around 5:00 to get in line early to go see GWAR. In the time between us waiting for the 7:00 doors, we met a GWAR slave who told us how we could get one of my friends sacrificed to the meat grinder (unfortunately, she was under 21, so no GWAR badge of honor), watched Cancer Bats working out in the parking lot, and shot the shit with this cool couple we wound up sticking around with for most of the night.

Once we got in, we went to the merch booth to go talk over the meat grinder thing, and my friend got to sign the waiver, but as I said...no meat grinder. I bought a "Scumdogs of the Universe" shirt, one friend bought a GWAR hoodie, and the other got a DevilDriver shirt before going back to the rail to observe.

Legacy of Disorder was on first, and they were okay. I wasn't a huge fan, but they didn't bore the fuck out of me either. Unfortunately, I have no setlist for them.

Cancer Bats went on next, and they sent the audience into a fucking frenzy right off the bat. The smell of weed started to fill the hall until the Emo's staff started yelling at them to "put that shit out", and it stopped as quickly as it came.

Towards the end of their set, they performed a Beastie Boys cover for the people who "wanna pit but don't wanna pit to songs they don't know". They definitely came out; I still have that bruise on my knee to prove it. The band left the stage to cheers and hollers, having gained a couple of new fans along the way.

Cancer Bats
Pneumonia Hawk
Bricks & Mortar
Pray for Darkness
Deathsmarch
Shillelagh
Road Sick
Sabotage (Beastie Boys cover)
Lucifer's Rocking Chair
Hail Destroyer
R.A.T.S

DevilDriver went on next, but they didn't go on for at least a few minutes until after their scheduled time due to sound issues. As a result, they cut into GWAR's set. When they did go on though, it was like a bomb going off with the frantic movement of the crowd; at times, I was reminded of falling into an ocean with the way I was swaying and moving against my will.

All in all, DevilDriver put on a very good show, and I definitely feel that I should check out some more of their stuff.

DevilDriver
End of the Line
Cry for Me Sky (Eulogy of the Scorned)
Driving Down the Darkness
Horn of Betrayal
Dead to Rights
Not All Who Wander Are Lost
Sin and Sacrifice
I Could Care Less
You Make Me Sick
Clouds Over California

Finally, GWAR set up their shit and came onstage to greet a Mitt Romney figure, decapitating him and giving the audience their first taste of blood. Over the course of the show, I missed a lot of fucking action, due to my glasses getting blood on them, but I still got the general idea of what happened. If you've ever been to a GWAR show, you'll know what happened next - hilarious comments from Oderus ("I've never fucked a live blue whale...but when I do...mmm..."), blood (surprisingly, little to no green stuff), and great songs.

Side note - when the Obama character came out, the audience started pelting him with trash and bottles, even before his "I hate white people/free money for black people day" speech.

The show ended around midnight and we stood outside before deciding to go to Hoeks Pizza and call it a night.

GWAR

(possibly wrong, their set was shortened)

Horror of Yig (Romney)
Womb With a View
Madness at the Core of Time
Saddam a Go-Go
Bring Back the Bomb
Black and Huge
Krosstika (Hitler)
Metal Metal Land
Immortal Corruptor (Jesus)
The Years Without Light
Let Us Slay
Have You Seen Me? (Babies/Cuttlefish)
Hail, Genocide!
War Is All We Know
A Short History of the End of the World (Cyborg Jesus)
Rock & Roll Never Felt So Good

Warghoul (Obama)
Carry on Wayward Son
Sick of You
10/28 - Mike Watt
10/29 - Melvins
11/7 - 7 Seconds

Last edited by RampinUp46; 10-26-2012 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Adding review
Old 10-26-2012, 09:03 AM
N00B

Devildriver finally added Cry for me Sky to their setlist? HOLY FUCK. Riff from hell
Old 10-26-2012, 09:11 AM
N00B

no Maggots for GWAR?
Old 10-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by converge241 View Post
no Maggots for GWAR?
They've played it on every tour in the past 2 years, it could use a rest. This tour has the best GWAR set since 2008 easily. There's really nothing to complain about when they're playing Black and Huge, The Years Without Light, Have You Seen Me?, Rock n Roll Never Felt So Good, and fucking Whargoul.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:02 AM
somebody somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
They've played it on every tour in the past 2 years, it could use a rest. This tour has the best GWAR set since 2008 easily. There's really nothing to complain about when they're playing Black and Huge, The Years Without Light, Have You Seen Me?, Rock n Roll Never Felt So Good, and fucking Whargoul.
I agree, killer Gwar set even with a stupid cover. Looking forward to next weekend.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:40 AM
Face The Slayer

Wow, most unique GWAR set that I have seen in awhile.

Tags
cancer bats, devildriver, gwar