Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Nope.
I figured...oh well hopefully they build a dope ass stable with these Shield peeps.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Wouldn't it work better if Vince was Hogan's manager and Austin was managed by Shane or someone else that hated Vince, maybe Paul Heyman? Just not Bischoff.
No, that's the point. It's also the point of Bobby Heenan "managing" Hogan. Hogan and Bobby Heenan were bitter archrivals throughout their whole careers, to the point of all Andre The Giant having to do to turn heel was simply join up with Heenan and let him be his mouthpiece.

The reason this works is because it adds an extra layer of suspense and unpredictability. Will Heenan screw Hogan? Will Vince screw Austin? It's similar to why people were drawn to Mike Tyson as the "special enforcer" for the HBK/Austin match in WM14.

That makes me think. Vince should stay retired from the ring but become a manager. He'd be fucking brilliant at it. Especially since he's trying to push all these guys that the WWE Universe doesn't give a fuck about. He'd be the perfect mouthpiece for them.

Last edited by JRA; 12-03-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:51 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

If we are going into the "ultimate dream/money match" scenerio, I'd still pay a fortune to see the nWo (Hogan, Nash & Hall) managed by Bischoff face off against Austin, the Rock & the Undertaker managed by Vince. Or WCW (Hogan, Sting, Flair & Goldberg) vs. the WWE (Austin, Cena, the Undertaker & Rock), still with the same managers. The first option could've happened in 2002 but in a WWE ring in 2002, but being in a WWE ring it would've ended horribly. And the second option could almost happen today, but again being a WWE ring it would not end good.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 12-04-2012, 06:06 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
No, that's the point. It's also the point of Bobby Heenan "managing" Hogan. Hogan and Bobby Heenan were bitter archrivals throughout their whole careers, to the point of all Andre The Giant having to do to turn heel was simply join up with Heenan and let him be his mouthpiece.
Yeah, that's how hated Heenan was. Andre was at just about the same level of popularity as Hogan but all he had to do was team with The Brain to make the turn immediately. Andre only turned heel two months before the match with Hogan, so they didn't have a lot of time to make the turn happen. If you wanted anyone to be hated back then, you just had Heenan manage them. This of course didn't stop me from cheering for Andre when I watched Wrestelmania three live. I was only 9 years old and didn't actually realise Andre was on the downside of his career. In my eyes he deserved the world title and I agreed with Heenan and Andre when they said Hogan kept Andre as a close friend just so he could avoid defending the title against him. Even as a little kid I loved the heels

The equivalent of that today would be to team somebody up with Paul Hayman right away if you want the people to boo them. Proof of this is that Punk's heel turn didn't fully complete until he got Heyman as his manager.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:23 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Wouldn't it work better if Vince was Hogan's manager and Austin was managed by Shane or someone else that hated Vince, maybe Paul Heyman? Just not Bischoff.
He should leave wrestling and never return.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
He should leave wrestling and never return.
I wouldn't go that far, but his shtick has worn thin.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 12-04-2012, 12:12 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

ULTIMATE DREAM MATCH
Head & Mr. Socko vs Cobra & Little Jimmy

Anyone catch Sin Cara vs Del Rio last night? That match entertaining as hell!

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 12-04-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
ULTIMATE DREAM MATCH
Head & Mr. Socko vs Cobra & Little Jimmy
To fast paced, you should throw Mark Henry in there to bring it down a notch.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 12-05-2012, 07:08 AM
Concert Veteran

So, news has come out the CM Punk had knee surgery yesterday to repair a partially torn miniscus. He won't be able to compete at the next PPV. So Ryback is teaming up with Kane and Daniel Bryan to take on The Shield in a six man TLC match instead.

This match actually makes more sense since Ryback should be looking for revenge against The Shield for intefering in his title match last month. It sucks that Punk is hurt but you could just tell by the way he looked on RAW this week that he's been getting run ragged right now. So maybe a little time off to heal up will help him and he won't be such a cranky old man like he was this week on RAW.

He will recover in time for his match against The Rock next month. Because if anyone should end Punk's long reign it should be a part timer who hasn't done shit to earn the title match, instead of someone currently on the roster who might actually benefit from doing something that huge, right? They had the perfect setup for a Punk/Miz fued this week on RAW but they can't do that because everyone's precious little Rocky needs to come back so everyone can suck his cock just a bit more.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
So, news has come out the CM Punk had knee surgery yesterday to repair a partially torn miniscus. He won't be able to compete at the next PPV. So Ryback is teaming up with Kane and Daniel Bryan to take on The Shield in a six man TLC match instead.

This match actually makes more sense since Ryback should be looking for revenge against The Shield for intefering in his title match last month. It sucks that Punk is hurt but you could just tell by the way he looked on RAW this week that he's been getting run ragged right now. So maybe a little time off to heal up will help him and he won't be such a cranky old man like he was this week on RAW.

He will recover in time for his match against The Rock next month. Because if anyone should end Punk's long reign it should be a part timer who hasn't done shit to earn the title match, instead of someone currently on the roster who might actually benefit from doing something that huge, right? They had the perfect setup for a Punk/Miz fued this week on RAW but they can't do that because everyone's precious little Rocky needs to come back so everyone can suck his cock just a bit more.
The WWE always run that risk when they put all their eggs in one basket, like with Punk. The usual default was to put the title on Cena.

I agree 100% on your gripe with the Rock and the title. They did that all the time back in 2001/2002 with him leaving for months and then coming back and getting the title in his first match. It's only worse now that instead of a few months he's been gone for years. I really don't see the logic. If they're going for Rock/Cena II at Wrestlemania it doesn't need the title to add heat to match. And all that will lead to is another Cena title reign.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation