Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014
Morbid Saint -- Riverview, MI -- August 30th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Dittohead

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I was at that show at Mavricks. I liked it much better than the Toronto date.
Yeah they were great that night, well every night really. Like I said, turnout was less, but due tothe local openers it was understandable. Especially for that venue, very small bar, not alot of room. Pits were great from the beginning too, small but violent!

Thats one of the issues here, no real decent venues for shows. Babylon and Capital Music Hall never host any anymore and Mavericks is frickin small. Ritual is the next up and coming venue, decent size and good sound but not that much bigger than Mavs. It's hosted a few good shows over the last couple years, we just need more to come through!!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:03 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymetalhead View Post
Yeah they were great that night, well every night really. Like I said, turnout was less, but due tothe local openers it was understandable. Especially for that venue, very small bar, not alot of room. Pits were great from the beginning too, small but violent!

Thats one of the issues here, no real decent venues for shows. Babylon and Capital Music Hall never host any anymore and Mavericks is frickin small. Ritual is the next up and coming venue, decent size and good sound but not that much bigger than Mavs. It's hosted a few good shows over the last couple years, we just need more to come through!!
I'm not from Ottawa so I've no idea what venues are around. But I really liked Mavericks. It was the perfect size and the stage was at least raise a few feet.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Old 12-05-2012, 11:14 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Honestly, I never got to go to the show in Peterbough, Ontario but I can't see that drawing at all. It's fucking cottage country with a population of probably 3000, mostly retirees. I really wanted to go to that show but it was on a Tuesday and I was already seeing them the following Friday and Sunday. They played some obscure places on that tour. I really don't know what they were thinking.
I was at said Peterborough date as I was there for school at the time. The turnout was maybe 80-100 people tops. Sad to see such a legendary band play to half full rooms.
04/24 - Nile
Old 12-05-2012, 12:35 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0unds View Post
I was at said Peterborough date as I was there for school at the time. The turnout was maybe 80-100 people tops. Sad to see such a legendary band play to half full rooms.
Sad, yes. But whay play Peterborough? I'm surprised 80-100 showed up even!
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Old 12-05-2012, 06:21 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Crew View Post
Wizard_in_Black, your review from the past and the present Napalm Death shows sums up my experience perfectly. I first saw ND in 2006 headlining on the Smear Campaign Tour in this really small club here in Boise. It was a poor turnout probably because there was no publicity for the show at all, I live here and I only knew it was coming because I saw it on the Napalm Death website. I had to tell the record store here that I bought the tickets from that they were in fact selling tickets for this show. It was a fantastic concert though, sound and setlist were good and Barney came out afterwards and talked to people and signed the CD booklets I had brought.

When I saw them a few weeks ago, it was a bad vibe, short setlist, bad sound, everything that was good before was not, I have already reviewed it here so I will leave it at that. Hope they can get a proper headlining tour again with good sound soon.
Damn, sorry to hear that man. I feel you on that one. You're two experience sound very strikingly similar to my review of the both shows. At least it's good to know that you weren't the only one that got shafted with a shitty short set turned even shorter that was plagued with technical sound problems through out the performance. I also forgot to mention that some douche bag threw a filled up water bottle right smack dab into Mitch's face while he was singing a song off the new album so i'm pretty sure that just left a bad taste in his mouth. I wouldn't blame him if he didn't give a fuck anymore about the show at that point because that was just straight up disrespectful and who ever threw that waterfall should have got their ass canned out the building..

Hopefully Napalm Death just go on a proper tour next year by themselves. The first time I saw them will always go down as one of the best shows ever. The second time around felt like a half assed sneak preview filled with god awful sound problems.
11/14 - Slayer

Tags
napalm death