Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 09-21-2012, 01:38 PM
N00B

Flo Mounier (Cryptopsy) did a free drum clinic here yesterday. He's a super nice guy, totally down to earth, and really inspiring to watch/learn from.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:14 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Goatwhore - All good guys from what I can remember, didn't mind me sitting onstage (had a torn calf - technically shouldn't have gone, but fuck you, it's Goatwhore). Louis in particular was really cool.

Kimberly Freeman (One Eyed Doll) - Really sweet, cares a lot about her fans and takes time with all of them. She even complimented my Opeth shirt (her band was opening for Otep - I was going with a friend and wore the shirt to play off the Otep/Opeth confusion).
7/1 - Cannibal Corpse
7/15 - Motley Crue?
7/26 - Summer Slaughter
Old 01-20-2013, 03:46 PM
slave to the grind

Gotta add the dudes from Sacred Reich to the list of super nice guys. Met Phil Rind quite a few times, he's pretty much a fixture at metal shows here in AZ. See the other guys around a bit too, but never officially met any of them until being introduced to Greg Hall at Down last week. Great dudes, and they always seem to be almost surprised that people like their band! Being a young punk/metal kid in Phoenix, Sacred Reich were gods to me back in the day, so meeting them and them being rad people is really cool for me.
8/9-Sorrower/Blister Unit
Old 03-26-2013, 02:16 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Add Udo Dirkschneider to the list of cool guys.

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen
Old 03-26-2013, 12:30 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

I didn't personally meet Karl Sanders, but my two guitarists did at the Nile show last week. They went up to him and said "We love your Mashall amps....." and then Karl proceeded to talk about amps with them and was completely cool. One of my guitarists asked if Karl was going to be using one of his guitars that my guitarist LOVES for the show, Karl replied with "No" but then offered to get it off of the tour bus and let my guitarist check it out.

Seemed like a really cool guy! I have heard some stories about him being a dick, so that was nice to hear something good. Also, George Kollias messed something up on his drums and Karl started a "DON'T BREAK YOUR DRUMS GEORGE" chant

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I didn't personally meet Karl Sanders, but my two guitarists did at the Nile show last week. They went up to him and said "We love your Mashall amps....." and then Karl proceeded to talk about amps with them and was completely cool. One of my guitarists asked if Karl was going to be using one of his guitars that my guitarist LOVES for the show, Karl replied with "No" but then offered to get it off of the tour bus and let my guitarist check it out.

Seemed like a really cool guy! I have heard some stories about him being a dick, so that was nice to hear something good. Also, George Kollias messed something up on his drums and Karl started a "DON'T BREAK YOUR DRUMS GEORGE" chant
I met Karl once outside of my first Nile show in 2008 and he seemed really nice.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:48 AM
Fuck you.

I can't ever recall meeting anyone that was a dick.
Here's a list of the nice ones I've met.

Doug Aldrich. Met him in 2011 in the parking lot of the Webster Theater in Hartford, CT on the 2nd date of Whitesnake's Forevermore tour. Super nice guy.

Gary Cherone. Met him in 2009 at the Regent Theater in Arlington, MA. Him & his brother, Mark, have a Who tribute band called Slip Kid that do a few local shows a year when Gary is free. I delivered 3 cabs to the venue for Mark's guitar rig. Got to talk with Gary about music for a half hour or so. Another wicked nice dude.

Rex Brown & Vinny Appice. Met them last summer at the Rock Junction in West Greenwich, RI at one of Kill Devil Hill's shows. They were just hanging outside the venue before doors opened. Both were awesome.

Mark Tremonti & Wolfgang Van Halen. Same place as Kill Devil Hill a few weeks later. It was actually the first ever Tremonti show. Wolf was called in as a last minute replacement, so I was stoked about that. Both super nice.

Lita Ford. Met her twice. During last summer, she was opening for Def Leppard & Poison. The afternoon before that show, she did a meet n greet at Guitar Center in Boston. There were maybe only 30 people that showed up, so she spent a few minutes talking to each fan. Such a sweetheart. The day after the Def Lep gig, she did a mini-solo set at the Newbury Comics in Norwood. Picked up her solo album & she and her whole band signed it. Mitch Perry, Pat O'Brien, Gary Hoey & Scotty Coogan are in her current band. All really nice people.

Ace Frehley. Met him at the Rock N Shock convention at the DCU Center in Worcester, MA in 2011. This was a couple weeks before his book, No Regrets, was due to be released. Got the book personalized to me & a picture. I was wearing my Ted Nugent shirt and Ace looks up and goes "Hey, that crazy bastard's a friend of mine." Real nice guy. Good to see Ace staying clean.

Sully Erna. I'd heard horror stories about him being a complete douche so I went not expecting much. Him & his solo band were doing a signing at the now defunct Daddy's Junky Music in Dedham, MA. Must've caught him on a good day. One of the nicest guys I've ever met.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:33 AM
One who onions things

Got to meet Joe and Martyn from Orange Goblin the other day. Both were super cheery, jolly and fun. They also kept offering me beer haha.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 03-29-2013, 08:22 AM
Chicks can love metal too

I met Doro and some of the guys from 3iob and Goatwhore. They were all really cool. They all had shows here recently.

The guys from Mastodon were freakin awesome. Even Brent. He could be a dick.

Shadows Fall are cool guys too.

We also caught Zakk Wylde after a show here a couple years ago. Just by chance. My friends and me told him how awesome him and the show was and he said thanks and signed my friends chest. Lol

No dicks really except the drummer from Sepultura. It wasn't directed at me,but he was telling some fans after the show to go F themselves. Maybe they asked him for a kidney or whatever. Lol

We staked out Judas priest bus after a show but no luck. Lol
Old 03-29-2013, 08:24 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMaxine View Post
I met Doro and some of the guys from 3iob and Goatwhore. They were all really cool. They all had shows here recently.

The guys from Mastodon were freakin awesome. Even Brent. He could be a dick.

Shadows Fall are cool guys too.

We also caught Zakk Wylde after a show here a couple years ago. Just by chance. My friends and me told him how awesome him and the show was and he said thanks and signed my friends chest. Lol

No dicks really except the drummer from Sepultura. It wasn't directed at me,but he was telling some fans after the show to go F themselves. Maybe they asked him for a kidney or whatever. Lol

We staked out Judas priest bus after a show but no luck. Lol
You mean Igor Cavalera?

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16