Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen - Atlantic City, NJ -- July 26th, 2014
Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014
Machine Head -- Toledo, OH -- July 18th, 2014
MayhemFest -- Clarkston, MI -- July 17th, 2014
Winger -- Portland, ME -- July 26th, 2014

Old 01-28-2013, 10:34 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

So wait a second...Jericho, The Rock, and Lesnar are back interesting.

WM this year wouldve been better had it been The Rock vs Cena II no title, Punk vs Undertaker Title vs The Streak(too bad they really never let Punk make the WWE Championship mean something and made him a using cheap tactic same ol heel stint at times) Ziggler vs Jericho MiTB briefcase on the line and then a decent under card involving Cesaro, Barret, D-Bry and what not.

Who knows we may still get quality matches which is what matters.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:18 AM
Concert Veteran

Overall, I thought the Rumble was OK. Del Rio and Show put on the best match of the night. Nice spot with Show throwing Del Rio off the light stacks and through the table. Cool ending to the match to, going back to how Cena beat Batista a couple years ago in their LMS match.

The tag title match was decent but nothing really that special. We've seen these guys wrestle in one form or another consistantly for the last few months so the freshness of it is taken away now. I'm surprised they didn't go with the title change since Sandow can certianly use some gold around his waist and is good enough to carry Cody for a bit in order to keep Rhodes relevant. Just like Sandow has since the tag team first got together. Since both the IC and US champs are heels right now, I really don't know what they have in store for Sandow going into mania if they're not gonna let him have a run with the tag titles.

The Rumble as always was a fun match but way too many nobody's that you knew had no chance of winning. The best part was Jericho's return. Holy shit what loud reaction he got. If I were there I would've been losing my mind like everyone else did when he came out. After the reaction Goldust got and the encounter he had with Cody, I would keep Goldie around and build a good undercard match between the two for mania. If they can somehow make Dusty the guest referee that would be great. I knew Cena would win and that made it pretty anticlimatic. If you really wanted to see the crowd explode at the end, Jericho should've won. A very nice showing for Jericho and I loved when the crowd chanted "you still got it" he said "I never lost it, baby!!" You're damn right Jericho.

Punk and Rock was just terrible. I've never seen Punk have to carry a match like he did that one. Rock was fuckin useless and did absolutely nothing to make the match good. Punk did everything in his power to save this crap match but when you're wrestling an aging, part time wreslter who was never that good in the ring during his prime anyways, there is only so much the great CM Punk can do to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

JBL has some great comments during the match though. He said how there's a difference between being in shape and being in ring shape. Rock was not in ring shape for this match and it was so obvious. Kudos to JBL for pointing this out since it was obvious the Rock just wasn't ready for this match. The ending sucked and Punk has every right to be pissed. He pinned the Rock in the ring and won the match. His long title reign shouldn't have ended in a screw job like that. But it's not like Vince cares about the belt anyways. He just put it on a fuckin part timer who hasn't done shit recently to earn that.

RAW was a pile of crap for the most part. Orton/Cesaro and Sheamus/Sandow were good macthes but the bulk of the show was filler garbage. Punk, Jericho and Lesnar's retun saved the show from being a complete loss. As usual, Jericho saves us once again. I'm surprised Vince took the F5. I read awhile back that because of his age and doctors orders he wasn't allowed to take bumps anymore. Nice to see Lesnar back. There's an element of danger with his character that nobody else has. He actually adds some unpredictablility to the WWE which is something they're severly lacking right now.

Lastly, I know the WWE hall of fame is joke for the most part but it's nice to see Trish Stratus get in. Now if she can just get back the look she had when she wrestled before the induction we'll be all set. She's still hot now but my god her body was unbelievable back when she was wrestling.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 01-29-2013 at 05:22 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:33 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Trish is still smoking and I could really care less about Lesner being back because his contract is still just do a few PPV's and then a Raw beforehand to promote it.

Also I heard the Golddust vs Rhodes match is a huge possibility right now but it'll have to answer soon because Golddust is planning on retiring.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Trish is still smoking and I could really care less about Lesner being back because his contract is still just do a few PPV's and then a Raw beforehand to promote it.
At first I didn't like the agreement they made with Lesnar. But now I realise he's nothing more than a special attraction for them. If he's used more often it simply doesn't become speical at all. When he shows up, you know something major is going down. He's like a popular recurring character on a TV show who always makes an impact when they show up. They lay low for awhile and then when they finally come back around you know something big is happening. That's exactly the role Lesnar has now and i'm OK with that.

Because of the surgeries he had for his severe case of diverticulitis I doubt he could do a full time schedule anyways. That was one of the major things that caused him to leave the UFC. He just couldn't take shots to the gut anymore.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:40 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

See I don't dig the whole thing of Lesner coming in, beating the shit out of someone the leaving. I don't like the whole UFC tough guy coming out to hurt someone angle they gave him.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:54 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I forgot about Jerichos "I never lost it, baby" comment. Classic Jericho.

He's the reason I started re-watching wrestling in '98. I thought it was cool to see all the guys I grew up watching still kicking around in WCW and it was cool to see all these new stars that the WWF had made, but the one thing that stuck with me was this guy in WCW with goofy hair who came out to a backwards version of Pearl Jams Even Flow and made fun of Konnan. Jericho saved me in 1998! If he does the cocky heel gimmick again; gold.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 01-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
There's an element of danger with his character that nobody else has. He actually adds some unpredictablility to the WWE which is something they're severly lacking right now.
Spoony argued that element of danger evaporated when he lost to Cena the first time.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:56 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

This is pretty funny.

And something tells me this guy is a member of the F.A.N. boards and has close to 20,000 posts since Feb 2012.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation

Last edited by adamclark52; 01-29-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Spoony argued that element of danger evaporated when he lost to Cena the first time.
Who the hell is Spoony? I think Lesnar got that element back after he hurt both HBK and HHH this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
This is pretty funny.

And something tells me this guy is a member of the F.A.N. boards and has close to 20,000 posts since Feb 2012.
That's a funny video. The guy is right though, Rock is just back to promote a movie and then he's leaving. The WWE title should never be given to a part timer. I don't care what they did in the past or what their drawing power is.

And who the fuck is this Bo Dallas nobody and why is pinning the IC champ in two minutes with some crappy looking move? It would've been fine of it was a competitive 10 minute match and he caught a worn down Barrett by surprise with the move. But to pin him while he was still fresh so quickly really makes their IC champ look weak and a champ should never look weak in the ring.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post

The Rumble as always was a fun match but way too many nobody's that you knew had no chance of winning. The best part was Jericho's return. Holy shit what loud reaction he got. If I were there I would've been losing my mind like everyone else did when he came out. After the reaction Goldust got and the encounter he had with Cody, I would keep Goldie around and build a good undercard match between the two for mania. If they can somehow make Dusty the guest referee that would be great. I knew Cena would win and that made it pretty anticlimatic. If you really wanted to see the crowd explode at the end, Jericho should've won. A very nice showing for Jericho and I loved when the crowd chanted "you still got it" he said "I never lost it, baby!!" You're damn right Jericho.

Punk and Rock was just terrible. I've never seen Punk have to carry a match like he did that one. Rock was fuckin useless and did absolutely nothing to make the match good. Punk did everything in his power to save this crap match but when you're wrestling an aging, part time wreslter who was never that good in the ring during his prime anyways, there is only so much the great CM Punk can do to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

JBL has some great comments during the match though. He said how there's a difference between being in shape and being in ring shape. Rock was not in ring shape for this match and it was so obvious. Kudos to JBL for pointing this out since it was obvious the Rock just wasn't ready for this match. The ending sucked and Punk has every right to be pissed. He pinned the Rock in the ring and won the match. His long title reign shouldn't have ended in a screw job like that. But it's not like Vince cares about the belt anyways. He just put it on a fuckin part timer who hasn't done shit recently to earn that.

RAW was a pile of crap for the most part. Orton/Cesaro and Sheamus/Sandow were good macthes but the bulk of the show was filler garbage. Punk, Jericho and Lesnar's retun saved the show from being a complete loss. As usual, Jericho saves us once again. I'm surprised Vince took the F5. I read awhile back that because of his age and doctors orders he wasn't allowed to take bumps anymore. Nice to see Lesnar back. There's an element of danger with his character that nobody else has. He actually adds some unpredictablility to the WWE which is something they're severly lacking right now.
Sooo much right on this post. Especially the bold. I was seriously shocked how bad the Punk/Rock match was. I mean i thought it wouldve been at least good back n forth match but nope. I also dug Punks comments on Raw about how he'll be here to wrestle whenever but that doesnt work for The Rock only does PPVs.