Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Raven -- Fullerton, CA -- October 23rd, 2014
King Diamond -- Denver, CO -- October 24th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 24th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Good set. Nice to see some of the new songs of course, but I kind of wish they were playing Death in the Eyes of Dawn or Forsaken. Convoys to Nothingness is an awesome plus as well. Kind of disappointed that there's no Ground, but I can see how they've tired that one out. I'm hoping the unknown song was an old black metal song of theirs, I have a friend who saw them at Barge to Hell and said they were pulling out all kinds of tracks from Eld and so forth. Either way, Enslaved always puts on a hell of a show and I'm beyond excited to see them tomorrow night.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:06 AM
N00B

I was at this show.

Pallbearer were truly outstanding. 'Sorrow And Extinction' was my favorite album released last year. The new song they played sounded very promising. Their setlist was:

"An Offering Of Grief"
"The Legend"
"Foreigner"
new song

Hopefully they also play "Devoid Of Redemption" when I see them again in Richmond in a few weeks.

Enslaved was really good. I really enjoyed 'RIITIIR', so it was great hearing some of the best tracks from that album live. It was neat that they played "Convoys..." I actually couldn't even remember what album that song was from because 'Monumension' is the album I've listened to the least from them. I was bummed towards the end of their set though. On their set list, it read "Allfadr Odinn/Slaget I Skogen." They only played "Allfadr Odinn." Then they played their cover of "Immigrant Song," which I didn't like at all. To clear something up, they did not play another song in between the Led Zep cover and their encore. They just went into a brief proggy jam as that cover song winded down. Also on their setlist, the encore had "Fenris" in parentheses before "Isa." Cato came on and did a brief drum solo, then they went straight into "Isa." It would've been awesome if they played the intro part of "Fenris" as a segue into "Isa." How can one not headbang to that riff/drumbeat?
Old 02-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Tinnitus

I just saw this last night, and the setlist for Enslaved was pretty much exactly the same, only they played Fenris after Isa for the encore. Overall good show, enjoyed every band except for Pallbearer.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:19 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ommie View Post
I just saw this last night, and the setlist for Enslaved was pretty much exactly the same, only they played Fenris after Isa for the encore. Overall good show, enjoyed every band except for Pallbearer.
dang
Old 02-03-2013, 12:33 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Shit, they've been closing with Isa for YEARS! That's a nice change.
03/07 - Video Games Live
Old 02-03-2013, 12:34 PM
TiradesOfTruth

Quote:
How was the attendance? I was pissed I couldn't make it
8/9 Boris
8/30 Morbid Saint/Vektor
Old 02-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Tinnitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiradesOfTruth View Post
How was the attendance? I was pissed I couldn't make it
I couldn't really tell because I was upfront for most of the concert. I first got in when Ancient Vvisdom started and there was barely ~70 people, but the place filled up throughout the night. I want to say the max attendance was somewhere between 300-400 people but I'm not sure.

Also, random sidenote, there was A LOT more women than I was expecting at this concert. A good amount of the first row during Enslaved were women wearing battle jackets.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:42 AM
Your friends from Langley are back again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchimyo View Post
no problem! well some of that 100 minutes was like 7 minutes of amp fixing and a couple minutes for the encore. BUT BASICALLY YES.

ADDED merch photos http://metalcowboy.tumblr.com/post/4...hunder-ancient
EX:
Too funny.. I saw this show in Philly the night before and thought this little shrine thingy belonged to the venue.. guess it belongs to Enslaved!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:13 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBR_XVI View Post
I was at this show.

Pallbearer were truly outstanding. 'Sorrow And Extinction' was my favorite album released last year. The new song they played sounded very promising. Their setlist was:

"An Offering Of Grief"
"The Legend"
"Foreigner"
new song

Enslaved was really good. I really enjoyed 'RIITIIR', so it was great hearing some of the best tracks from that album live. ... On their set list, it read "Allfadr Odinn/Slaget I Skogen." They only played "Allfadr Odinn." ... To clear something up, they did not play another song in between the Led Zep cover and their encore. They just went into a brief proggy jam as that cover song winded down. Also on their setlist, the encore had "Fenris" in parentheses before "Isa." Cato came on and did a brief drum solo, then they went straight into "Isa." It would've been awesome if they played the intro part of "Fenris" as a segue into "Isa." How can one not headbang to that riff/drumbeat?
Excellent information! Thank you for the clarification.

(Pallbearer seemed like the crowd was into them, but I wasn't diggin them. )

ah, need to correct my notes with that Enslaved info~~
Old 02-04-2013, 06:13 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetHarry View Post
Too funny.. I saw this show in Philly the night before and thought this little shrine thingy belonged to the venue.. guess it belongs to Enslaved!
well that's Royal Thunder's merch (CD) in it, so I am assuming it is theirs

Tags
ancient vvisdom, enslaved, pallbearer, royal thunder