Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014

  #301  
Old 03-27-2013, 10:51 AM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,293
20.Imaginations From The Other Side - Blind Guardian


Year Of Release: 1995

Tracklist:
1.Imaginations From The Other Side
2.I'm Alive
3.A Past And Future Secret
4.The Script For My Requiem
5.Modred's Song
6.Born In A Mourning Hall
7.Bright Eyes
8.Another Holy War
9.And The Story Ends

Genre: Power Metal

Blind Guardian are my favorite power metal band.They introduced me to power metal, and me learn to start digging deeper for bands that I like for all genres.This album is definitely the essential Blind Guardian album, with most of their best songs on this record.The whole fantasy atmosphere works best on this album to me, and Blind Guardian are pretty much the masters of combining fantasy and metal in general IMO.Hansi Kursh's vocals didn't appeal to me that much at first, but I've learned to love it and his bass playing.Thomen Stauch is a pretty solid drum player, and Marcus Siepen and Andre Olbrich are both phenomenal guitar players.Standouts include one of my favorite ballads "A Past And Future Secret", the somewhat underrated "Another Holy War", and my favorite Blind Guardian song and the one I was introduced to, the anthemic title-track.

Standout Track:
"Imaginations From The Other Side" http://grooveshark.com/s/Imagination...e/4UN7Bi?src=5
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 03-27-2013, 05:32 PM
theclansman1114's Avatar
theclansman1114 theclansman1114 is offline
I'M BACK
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Beer
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
I figured as much, will you post you top 100 eventually?
I will when you finish, don't need 2 going simultaneously
__________________
Hey, you scratched my anchor!
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 03-27-2013, 05:33 PM
theclansman1114's Avatar
theclansman1114 theclansman1114 is offline
I'M BACK
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Beer
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
20.Imaginations From The Other Side - Blind Guardian


Year Of Release: 1995

Tracklist:
1.Imaginations From The Other Side
2.I'm Alive
3.A Past And Future Secret
4.The Script For My Requiem
5.Modred's Song
6.Born In A Mourning Hall
7.Bright Eyes
8.Another Holy War
9.And The Story Ends

Genre: Power Metal

Blind Guardian are my favorite power metal band.They introduced me to power metal, and me learn to start digging deeper for bands that I like for all genres.This album is definitely the essential Blind Guardian album, with most of their best songs on this record.The whole fantasy atmosphere works best on this album to me, and Blind Guardian are pretty much the masters of combining fantasy and metal in general IMO.Hansi Kursh's vocals didn't appeal to me that much at first, but I've learned to love it and his bass playing.Thomen Stauch is a pretty solid drum player, and Marcus Siepen and Andre Olbrich are both phenomenal guitar players.Standouts include one of my favorite ballads "A Past And Future Secret", the somewhat underrated "Another Holy War", and my favorite Blind Guardian song and the one I was introduced to, the anthemic title-track.

Standout Track:
"Imaginations From The Other Side" http://grooveshark.com/s/Imagination...e/4UN7Bi?src=5
+1
Nice work. Fantastic album!
__________________
Hey, you scratched my anchor!
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 03-27-2013, 05:49 PM
kalfitegrdan's Avatar
kalfitegrdan kalfitegrdan is offline
THIS IS LHHC!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 3,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
20.Imaginations From The Other Side - Blind Guardian


Year Of Release: 1995

Tracklist:
1.Imaginations From The Other Side
2.I'm Alive
3.A Past And Future Secret
4.The Script For My Requiem
5.Modred's Song
6.Born In A Mourning Hall
7.Bright Eyes
8.Another Holy War
9.And The Story Ends

Genre: Power Metal

Blind Guardian are my favorite power metal band.They introduced me to power metal, and me learn to start digging deeper for bands that I like for all genres.This album is definitely the essential Blind Guardian album, with most of their best songs on this record.The whole fantasy atmosphere works best on this album to me, and Blind Guardian are pretty much the masters of combining fantasy and metal in general IMO.Hansi Kursh's vocals didn't appeal to me that much at first, but I've learned to love it and his bass playing.Thomen Stauch is a pretty solid drum player, and Marcus Siepen and Andre Olbrich are both phenomenal guitar players.Standouts include one of my favorite ballads "A Past And Future Secret", the somewhat underrated "Another Holy War", and my favorite Blind Guardian song and the one I was introduced to, the anthemic title-track.

Standout Track:
"Imaginations From The Other Side" http://grooveshark.com/s/Imagination...e/4UN7Bi?src=5
__________________
12/20 Pizzahifive
12/26 Macabre ?
12/27 Zero Boys ?
1/5 Genocide Pact ?
1/9 Skull Fist
1/10 Cruel Hand
1/16 Mayhem
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 03-27-2013, 06:12 PM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is offline
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,329
Another Holy War is one of the best BG songs.
__________________
6/17 - Meshuggah
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
6/29 - Blaze Bayley - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 03-28-2013, 07:39 AM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Another Holy War is one of the best BG songs.
I agree, easily in my top 5 BG songs
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 03-28-2013, 07:59 AM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,293
19.Blow My Fuse - Kix


Year Of Release: 1988

Tracklist:
1.Red Lite, Green Lite, TNT
2.Get It While It's Hot
3.No Ring Around Rosie
4.Don't Close Your Eyes
5.She Dropped Me The Bomb
6.Cold Blood
7.Piece Of The Pie
8.Boomerang
9.Blow My Fuse
10.Dirty Boys

Genre: Glam Metal

I first heard "Blow My Fuse" when I was about 9 or 10 years old.I liked it, but never really thought about digging deeper into Kix's catalog.Well all that change during the summer of last year (this is when I discovered a lot of bands that I liked).I decided to listen to this album from track 1 to track 10, and man was I blown away! This album is by no doubt Kix's greatest, and everyone needs to give it a chance.Steve Whiteman, has a great gritty tone to his voice reminiscent of say Brian Johnson.Ronnie Younkins and Brian Forsythe are both stellar guitar players, and both have a killer guitar tone that I want to replicate myself.Donnie Purnell's bass playing compliments Jimmy Chalfant's incredible drumming nicely.Highlights include my second favorite ballad of all time "Don't Close Your Eyes", the anthemic title-track, and the best Kix song of them all, the insanely catchy rocker "Cold Blood".

Standout Track:
"Cold Blood" http://grooveshark.com/s/Cold+Blood/2CJFz2?src=5
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 03-28-2013, 09:07 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,868
+1 for Gutter Ballet. Excellent album. Also Bounce, Reckless, Hey Stoopid, Painkiller, America's Least Wanted, L.A. Guns, Addicted To Metal, The Ultimate Sin, Rocks, Skid Row, III Sides To Every Story, and a whole bunch more.

But Look What The Cat Dragged In? All that good work you'd done in most of the positions before that then bam! All undone. That is an awful, awful, awful album. Native Tongue is their best album but a distance so great it's almost like they didn't record any others.

Either way, you should stop calling Poison "glam metal". They're barely even heavy enough to be glam rock, let alone metal.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary

Last edited by ravenheart; 03-28-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 03-28-2013, 10:46 AM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
+1 for Gutter Ballet. Excellent album. Also Bounce, Reckless, Hey Stoopid, Painkiller, America's Least Wanted, L.A. Guns, Addicted To Metal, The Ultimate Sin, Rocks, Skid Row, III Sides To Every Story, and a whole bunch more.
Ahh somebody actually checked this album out, great to here you like it
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 03-28-2013, 10:54 AM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post

Either way, you should stop calling Poison "glam metal". They're barely even heavy enough to be glam rock, let alone metal.
How can you listen to the song "Look What The Cat Dragged In" and say that's not metal!!!? And their definitely heavy enough to be glam rock.Anyway I knew somebody would come out and bash me for liking this album, so I'm not really mad.This album was introduced to me very early on in my music life, therefore I put it high up.Native Tongue is good though, but don't you like Flesh & Blood? Native Tongue is Poison's third best album IMO.I'm not looking to start an argument here, I've loved Poison for a very long time, and it won't change just because someone doesn't like them.

Ok, now that that has be settled, I hope you like the rest of the list
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:05 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008