Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-07-2013, 02:24 PM
things are more than just what you see

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Just because you haven't heard the songs on the radio doesn't make them any less popular.Like today, they are plenty of popular songs on the radio that I have never heard.And just because YOU don't like the band doesn't make their live show any less energetic and awesome.Unless you have seen FireHouse live, you really have no right to say that King's X's live show is better.I have seen neither of the bands live but I like both of them, so neither do I have the right to say which one is better.
not to get involved, I think you're missing a big part of his point. I think the most important part of his argument was that it was silly of the thread creator to say that a band he didn't watch had the worst set of the night. Logic would dictate if he didn't watch them, he really didn't know.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 05-07-2013, 02:54 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
And Firehouse, a completely irrelevant band and one hit wonder of 80's hair bands was the "Best Of The Day"?

Well I think they were immensely relevant...at this hair band festival.
In the grand scheme of things? Def not one of the best bands ever.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:25 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_jman View Post
not to get involved, I think you're missing a big part of his point. I think the most important part of his argument was that it was silly of the thread creator to say that a band he didn't watch had the worst set of the night. Logic would dictate if he didn't watch them, he really didn't know.
No I get the point, but I am just saying don't say stuff that's not the truth about any artist regardless of genre (I have a problem where I tend to get very mad when music info is not accurate, especially music I like)
Old 05-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Fuck you.

Bret Michaels headlining over Twisted Sister is the best joke I've heard all year.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Bret Michaels headlining over Twisted Sister is the best joke I've heard all year.
Yeah that's bad. As far as Kings X go, my friends who are musicians all think they're one of the best bands of all time. The rest of the planet feels differently.

I went to a headling Kings X show and there were 30 people there. Probably 25+ musicians...

That being said I liked them but don't really have much interest in seeing them for a 5th time.

Probably the worst M3 lineup yet. The band I wanted to see the most was Love/Hate but I wasn't paying $100+ for a 20 min L/H set.
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 05-08-2013, 07:08 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I went to a headling Kings X show and there were 30 people there. Probably 25+ musicians...
That's rough. I saw them this past Sunday and there had to be 400-500+ people there. I saw them back in '09 though and there probably weren't more than 80 or 100. It's weird, but I actually think that lately they've been getting more popular than they have been in a while. Not sure why, but hey, whatever works.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:38 AM

Speaking of Love/Hate, Tench did you not see them or did you just forgot to put them on the list?
Old 05-08-2013, 01:44 PM
N00B

Quote:
Speaking of Love/Hate, Tench did you not see them or did you just forgot to put them on the list?
we got there at 12:35, so we missed Love/Hate. I kinda wish I had seen them- they allegedly went on at 11:50. I know we heard some band when walking in around 12:15 or so... but Not enough to distinguish which :/
Old 05-08-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchimyo View Post
we got there at 12:35, so we missed Love/Hate. I kinda wish I had seen them- they allegedly went on at 11:50. I know we heard some band when walking in around 12:15 or so... but Not enough to distinguish which :/
I see, I heard they have a great live show.I found the setlist on setlist.fm, so here it is if anyone was wondering:

1.Why Do You Think They Call It Dope?
2.Tumbleweed
3.She's An Angel
4.Wasted In America
5.Blackout In The Red Room

If they'd switch number 5 with number 1 it would be the perfect set for this type of show IMO.It's surprising to see Dope as the opener though.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
I see, I heard they have a great live show.I found the setlist on setlist.fm, so here it is if anyone was wondering:

1.Why Do You Think They Call It Dope?
2.Tumbleweed
3.She's An Angel
4.Wasted In America
5.Blackout In The Red Room

If they'd switch number 5 with number 1 it would be the perfect set for this type of show IMO.It's surprising to see Dope as the opener though.
Yeah they should have played later since half of those bands seem to play every single year. Slave Girl would have been cool to hear too...
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther

Tags
bret michaels, firehouse, great white, jackyl, janetshareroxygina, jsrg, king's x, loudness, steel panther, steelheart, trixter, tuff, twisted sister