Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Old 05-23-2013, 03:09 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by SepticFlesh13 View Post
If "Tatertot" really did all this damage to the band, did the rest of the band sit passively and watch? I mean, according to them it's been years and years! that "Tatertot" ruined them but they don't do anything?
Exactly. I think this point is lost on a lot of people, because frankly, in other communities out there, this point of view is systematically distorted and ignored, because like I said, if people actually thought about it, they'd have to acknowledge that Michael Wilton, Scott Rockenfield, and Eddie Jackson, by their own admissions in legal documents in GT's court battle against them, have not been great stewards of their b(r)and. True integrity would've dictated they act far sooner than they did. And their failure to do so seriously undermines their credibility.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:30 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
There were FOUR original members left in QR, how could one railroad the other three for 15+ years unless they either a.) are stupid b.) didn't care. I think GT looks like a giant asshole in all of this, but I think it's pretty pathetic how much everybody has to scapegoat him. And they have to, otherwise they'd have to acknowledge that the damage done to QR was as much the responsibility of the other 75% of the band as it is GT's.

In my opinion, it's best to just let discussions start organically. Constantly bumping and asking people for input when nobody replies of their own initiative is just inviting people with apathetic or negative opinions.
Well, things are the way they are now so we just have to deal with it. At least they finally did decide to dump tatertot. Maybe they couldn't before because he was still under a contract and they had to wait for that to expire before they could kick him out. We don't know all the inside details of any of it so none of us can say for sure. Regardless, It's too bad it took this long, but I'm glad they finally got rid of him because things would only have gotten worse.

And like I said, I'm only going to bump the thread when anything worth posting comes along such as another new song, album reviews which we will be getting on and around June 4th, different audio samples(the ones iTunes will have will probably be 90 seconds instead of 30), and anything else that warrants adding to this thread. And I will not complain at all if no one replies to it and I also respect all of your opinions which you completely have a right to.

And if you haven't done so, make sure you check out the audio samples at Amazon. There might be something in there you like. Also, it's been said that the Soundcloud stream of Where Dreams Go To Die isn't compressed like the youtube one so that might sound better to you. Go here to check it out.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:42 PM
The Cheese

What? No. We do know. They've told us! There is no contract. They took this long to fire GT because that's how long they took.

Soundcloud compresses audio files.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:48 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Well, that's how long it took and that's the way things are.

Then whoever said they don't compress them must not know what they're talking about. LOL
Old 05-23-2013, 07:59 PM
One who onions things

The production is bad. Just straight up bad. There is literally no meat in the mix. The guitars are totally neutered, Todd's voice is processed pretty badly here and there, the snares have no crack and the kick drum is like a weak plop every time it hits. The toms sound fantastic and Ed is nice and audible, but that's literally it. The album was mastered way too hot as well. People have been complaining about the songs sounding compressed on YouTube and Soundcloud- well, that's because the album is compressed to hell inherently. YouTube and Soundcloud do add some compression yes, but not enough to completely ruin a well produced track.

Everyone fumbled big time in regards to the production. If QR wanted an organic, yet fleshed out sound they could have gone to Justin Weis. If they wanted a super sleek modern metal sound a la current Accept, Andy Sneap would have done great as well as Terry Date. I understand their reasoning for wanting to go with Jimbo Barton, but the guy just didn't deliver the goods IMO. Even from a traditional production standpoint (meaning non-engineering), Jimbo messed up. Redemption is the obvious culprit here, a good producer would have made that song at least consistent musically, and not allowed the jarring change between the chugging riffing and the hella poppy chorus to happen.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16

Last edited by Onioner; 05-23-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:18 PM

It's so interesting how everyone hears things in different ways because it sounds perfectly fine to my ears. Even the youtube versions sound great to me. They went with Jimbo because they wanted the sound and production that the past albums he was involved with had and to my ears, all of that is just as amazing as those albums.

Last edited by Travis The Dragon; 05-23-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:32 PM
That Guy

The one thing that bothers me about this thread....It's Geoff Taint, not Tatertot!

Otherwise, carry on. I'm not listening to any samples until I get the promo for the album.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
The one thing that bothers me about this thread....It's Geoff Taint, not Tatertot!

Otherwise, carry on. I'm not listening to any samples until I get the promo for the album.
So, you too are going to be one of the very lucky ones?

Also Onioner, could it be possible that the promo copies intentionally have compression or bad sound to prevent them from getting leaked?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:44 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
So, you too are going to be one of the very lucky ones?

Also Onioner, could it be possible that the promo copies intentionally have compression or bad sound to prevent them from getting leaked?
Actually, yeah. I get a promo for almost every album I play on my show. Otherwise it is me buying the album, free downloads from Bandcamp, or music from my girlfriend's iPod that I didn't have already.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:53 PM

Sweet MPF! I hope you'll give us a review of it when you're able too.