Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014
Arch Enemy and Kreator -- Baltimore, MD -- October 23rd, 2014
Mastodon -- Kansas City, MO -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Milwaukee, WI -- October 20th, 2014

  #1481  
Old 06-12-2013, 12:19 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I never read that rumor anywhere. I read a couple weeks ago that it was for sure that Punk would be back on sunday. I doubt they'll pull a bait and switch with his return and risk Punk's hometown crowd getting pissed and starting a riot or shitting all over the matches on the card out of protest.

Overall, the show looks to be pretty strong and all the title's are on the line. Anyone remember what happened in 2007 when the WWE had a June PPV with all the titles on the line?
That'd be fucking awesome to see a sold out arena just go apeshit on them.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #1482  
Old 06-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,117
So, I read a rumor that it's possible that Bryan and Jericho may both turn heel on sunday. If this is true, this is one of the dumbest ideas Vince has had in a very long time. The crowds are loving Bryan right now and Jericho has reached that veteran status where he will be cheered for the rest of his career no matter what. I really hope they don't kill how hot Bryan has been lately with a pointless heel turn. Ryback's turn ruined him and the same would happen if they did that with Bryan.
Reply With Quote
  #1483  
Old 06-12-2013, 05:17 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
So, I read a rumor that it's possible that Bryan and Jericho may both turn heel on sunday. If this is true, this is one of the dumbest ideas Vince has had in a very long time. The crowds are loving Bryan right now and Jericho has reached that veteran status where he will be cheered for the rest of his career no matter what. I really hope they don't kill how hot Bryan has been lately with a pointless heel turn. Ryback's turn ruined him and the same would happen if they did that with Bryan.
Ryback was dead when they called him Ryback and made him a Goldberg knockoff. I do agree about Jericho, but then again there were people saying the same thing about Jericho in 2008-9. Hell there were probably people saying that right before his run with Punk.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #1484  
Old 06-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Ryback was dead when they called him Ryback and made him a Goldberg knockoff. I do agree about Jericho, but then again there were people saying the same thing about Jericho in 2008-9. Hell there were probably people saying that right before his run with Punk.
I disagree about Ryback. He was off to a good start but him not winning on PPV in forever, not taking the belt from Punk last year and finally the heel turn have ruined any star potential he had. Maybe he was a bit of a Goldberg rip off but it was working for him for awhile until the WWE decided to make him look like a fool in every big match he's had since last year. Stars are made by winning the big matches and Ryback will never be one now since the WWE has had him lose so many of them. It's a shame to since there was potential with his character last summer.

I think Jericho's heel run last year was the last one of his career. People really did want to cheer him when he came back at the beginning of 2012 but the WWE forced the heel turn to happen and Jericho was able to make it work. Punk being hugely over as a face helped that to but I feel Jericho has finally reached that untouchable, do no wrong veteran status this year and another heel turn won't work.
Reply With Quote
  #1485  
Old 06-16-2013, 05:22 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,856
WHAT!!!!!



Yes, he's a burnout. Yes, he's well past his prime. Yes, the WWE won't do anything with him. And yes, there is no real reason for this return. But hot damn I love RVD!
__________________
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
03/07 - Video Games Live
Reply With Quote
  #1486  
Old 06-16-2013, 07:54 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,685
So quick feedback from the crowd :


They went complete apeshit for at least 5 minutes for RVD announcement.

Ziggler, AJ, Y2J, Orton, and Daniel Byrant all got big cheers. (Ziggler got the most from them)

Crowd went absoluty fucking apeshit insane for Punk. I mean a sold out arena all on their feet screaming for like 15 minutes. IT WAS AMAZING.

Overall a really fun night and the matches were all entertaining.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #1487  
Old 06-16-2013, 11:16 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
So quick feedback from the crowd :


They went complete apeshit for at least 5 minutes for RVD announcement.

Ziggler, AJ, Y2J, Orton, and Daniel Byrant all got big cheers. (Ziggler got the most from them)

Crowd went absoluty fucking apeshit insane for Punk. I mean a sold out arena all on their feet screaming for like 15 minutes. IT WAS AMAZING.

Overall a really fun night and the matches were all entertaining.
Something like that is awesome to witness live. I was at Wrestlemania X8 and the crowd during Hogan-Rock was louder than any concert I've ever been to.
__________________
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
03/07 - Video Games Live

Last edited by adamclark52; 06-17-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1488  
Old 06-17-2013, 11:26 AM
XDoomsayerX's Avatar
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,520
That 3 stages of hell match!
Reply With Quote
  #1489  
Old 06-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Maideneer's Avatar
Maideneer Maideneer is offline
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,895
Looks like Christian is back. And Punk is separating from Heyman I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #1490  
Old 06-17-2013, 05:32 PM
Maideneer's Avatar
Maideneer Maideneer is offline
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,895
Kaitlyn nip slip awwww yeah.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:09 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008