Succubus
Execution - Don't Save Me
Thicker Than Blood
Sonic Beatdown
Caster of Shame

Encore:
Lord of Hate
Truce
Bored / Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath cover)
Thrown to the Wolves w/ The Ultra Violence Outro

I don't have Diamond Plate's set, and I left during Battlecross & 3IOB to go see my friend's band open for Warbringer down the street. As a result, I stayed for some of Warbringer's set before leaving to go back to see Death Angel. Warbringer keeps getting fucked in St. Louis because they get booked months in advance at the Firebird, then down the line Fubar will get a "better" show on the same day. As a result, the Warbringer shows have poor turnout. There was maybe 12 people there.

Bonus Warbringer set:

Horizon
Turning of the Gears
One Dimension
Hunter Seeker
Black Sun, Black Moon
Severed Reality
Other songs
Total War

I left during SR.

The show was a metal fest, with the tour being in the main stage and the locals playing inbetween sets in the lounge side of the venue. Didn't watch any of them, but having seen some of these bands before, I didn't miss anything. First up on the main stage was Encrypted, a nu metal band that keeps getting put on thrash shows for some reason. Not horrible, but they don't fit. Only local to play main stage.

Diamond Plate was enjoyable, and I don't like their albums at all. They put a lot of effort in, and the crowd liked it. Played for about 25 minutes.

Next up was Revocation. Second time seeing them, and they killed it. I'll talk more about them later. Brett got about six inches away from my face and had a stare down with me in the middle of Invidious, so that's something.

Saw a few Battlecross songs. Left to see Warbringer. Came back for Death Angel. Second time seeing them, and they killed it. Holy shit, Mark was nailing everything vocally. Rob & Ted were nailing everything. Will & Damien were good as the "new blood" according to Mark. Not to mention the killer set. If you like the new album, the time to see them is now, considering they're playing half of it. The Bored/Heaven & Hell medley was cool, apparently most cities aren't getting it. Play Bored until the solo, go into H&H until the solo, then back to Bored.

Now onto my issue with the tour: Why the fuck is Battlecross billed over Revocation? Pretty sure that the tour manager has to be realizing that's fucked up. Revocation got a much, much stronger crowd reaction than Battlecross. Granted I only saw a few BC songs, but the crowd was clearly into Revocation a lot more. During Mark's "we'd like to thank all the bands" spiel and naming them, the crowd went nuts when he mentioned Revocation, and non enthusiastic cheering for Battlecross. When I was there for BC, not that many people were paying attention to them. Granted, the World Series was being televised on all the TVs at the bar and it's StL, but still. Revocation clearly ahould be billed above Battlecross. They would probably only get time for one more song, but still.

Last edited by anomynous; 10-28-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:25 AM
N00B

You'd think with 2 songs off Teratogenesis they'd play "The Grip Tightens"
Living Colour
Old 10-28-2013, 04:40 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
You'd think with 2 songs off Teratogenesis they'd play "The Grip Tightens"
THIS!
Old 10-28-2013, 07:00 AM
N00B

12 people for Warbringer?? That's sad. I definitely would've skipped them too for this show though. 5 good bands versus 1.

Can't wait to see this tour on Wednesday. Do you know around what time it started and ended?
Old 10-28-2013, 07:33 AM
Metal-Setlistcore

Ours started at 5:30 and ended around 12:15, but Death Angel went on late
Old 10-28-2013, 07:50 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomynous View Post
Thanks, were there any local opening bands or did Diamond Plate go on at 5:30?
Old 10-28-2013, 07:55 AM
Metal-Setlistcore

Our was a "fest" with one local band playing the mainstage, and the rest playing in between sets in the other room. Diamond Plate went on around 6:30. I don't like their albums, but they brought it live.

Yes, Warbringer really is unfortunate in this city. I don't remember what show it was the last time, but the time before that it was Exhumed & Havok on the same night. John Kevill even made a joke last night along the lines of "thanks for coming to our show, even though there's a bigger one down the street yet again." The venue owners did try to combine the shows, but somewhere along the line it fell apart. I was glad I went over to see them, they said all the Empires Collapse material was one of the first times they've played it live, if not the first time for that song. They totally did the first half straight through on a whim too.

I'll type of a review of the DA show later.

Last edited by anomynous; 10-28-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:08 PM
Metal-Setlistcore

"Review" posted. Used my phone, so probably typos everywhere.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:24 AM
Resident old fart

Quote:
That's too damn long. My legs would be jelly.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:36 AM
N00B

Quote:
Revocation:

Now onto my issue with the tour: Why the fuck is Battlecross billed over Revocation? Pretty sure that the tour manager has to be realizing that's fucked up. Revocation got a much, much stronger crowd reaction than Battlecross. Granted I only saw a few BC songs, but the crowd was clearly into Revocation a lot more. During Mark's "we'd like to thank all the bands" spiel and naming them, the crowd went nuts when he mentioned Revocation, and non enthusiastic cheering for Battlecross. When I was there for BC, not that many people were paying attention to them. Granted, the World Series was being televised on all the TVs at the bar and it's StL, but still. Revocation clearly ahould be billed above Battlecross. They would probably only get time for one more song, but still.

I agree that Revocation should be billed above Battlecross now. But i can kind of see why Battlecross is billed higher. They absolutely destroyed at Mayhem Fest and have been on a tear for the past year. I think they'll be more popular than Revocation by next year maybe. Yes Revocation has been doing it longer, and their music is arguably better and are way more popular worldwide... For this tour and these fans I agree that Revocation would be more popular. But if you put these bands on a North American tour with Lamb of God or Killswitch Engage I'd be willing to bet Battlecross would be more popular.

Tags
death angel, revocation