Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Old 01-22-2014, 05:49 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

I think it would be awesome if Tool got rid of all the visuals -- just totally stripped it down and played a fucking rock show. I'd go see that. I know they've been doing what they've been doing for a long time now and it's probably not about to change, but I'm so bored with it. I think I've seen them 4 times and that's enough for me.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:01 AM
somebody somewhere

I saw them twice and that's enough for me. They were really good but I don't like them enough to spend the money again. Like I mentioned before, I don't like the way Maynard stands at the back of the stage all night, very irritating. And I don't need another explanation as to why he stands in the same spot for the whole show. Another thing is his vocals are somewhat weak in a live setting. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't seen them though.

Last edited by marker; 01-22-2014 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:15 AM
Dittohead

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I think it would be awesome if Tool got rid of all the visuals -- just totally stripped it down and played a fucking rock show. I'd go see that.
I am a huge Tool fan and have been/will be for a long time. Seen them 7 times now and I was lucky enuff to see them do a small venue show back for the Undertow tour. Place held about 300 people at a University here in Ottawa. Was the first time I seen them and it was just phenominal!! Sold out show and it was so cramped and fricking hot in there!!

Funny thing...I had a dream like this just last night. Guess it was seeing the dates announced that triggered it. They played a small bar here and had no light show or anything. Very odd dream as Maynard was openly talking to people (which never happens), Justin and Adam were walking around the bar chatting people up and Danny was his own roady and had to strip down his kit. Dunno what I smoked before going to bed LOL
Old 01-22-2014, 08:46 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfansat View Post
I love Tool (hence my usename!) but I don't know if I'd spend the money to see them live again. The last 2 tours were a waste - completely "phoned in" performances from the band, same old setlist, and only a little more than an hour all for $95. Meh.
There was a weird sense of hostility on the last tour. Between the school of fish t-shirts and opening with "Hooker With a Penis", it was evident at least Maynard was pissed. Internal pressure, maybe? With that said, the setlist was fantastic. "HWAP", "Pushit" and either "Sober" or "Parabola"? I didn't regret paying the $95 and would gladly do it again.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:23 AM
I know the songs you're singing saying nothing loud and clear I've heard that song a thousand times

This is a must see show for me. I wish I could have seen them earlier but I couldn't. Please don't do lollapalooza ever again.
7/24 - NIN/Soundgarden
8/28 - Linkin Park
Old 01-22-2014, 04:01 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymetalhead View Post
I am a huge Tool fan and have been/will be for a long time. Seen them 7 times now and I was lucky enuff to see them do a small venue show back for the Undertow tour. Place held about 300 people at a University here in Ottawa. Was the first time I seen them and it was just phenominal!! Sold out show and it was so cramped and fricking hot in there!!

Funny thing...I had a dream like this just last night. Guess it was seeing the dates announced that triggered it. They played a small bar here and had no light show or anything. Very odd dream as Maynard was openly talking to people (which never happens), Justin and Adam were walking around the bar chatting people up and Danny was his own roady and had to strip down his kit. Dunno what I smoked before going to bed LOL
Ha! That's awesome. I have buddy (about 5 years older than me) who saw Tool on the same tour while he was going to Western. He said it was the most insane show he's ever seen. I'd love to be able to say that!
Old 01-22-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlamesOfBirchmen View Post
There was a weird sense of hostility on the last tour. Between the school of fish t-shirts and opening with "Hooker With a Penis", it was evident at least Maynard was pissed. Internal pressure, maybe? With that said, the setlist was fantastic. "HWAP", "Pushit" and either "Sober" or "Parabola"? I didn't regret paying the $95 and would gladly do it again.
Yeah the setlist for my two shows was the same but hearing HWAP, Ticks, and Pushit was great. I could go without hearing Schism ever again though, never been a big fan of that song.

The show I caught on the Lateralus tour was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Every "song" off the album minus Ticks and Leeches ftw.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:12 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedX14 View Post
This is a must see show for me. I wish I could have seen them earlier but I couldn't. Please don't do lollapalooza ever again.
THIS. I have yet to see them and if I do, I don't want to be three football fields away from them at an extremely jacked price. I really hope they come to Milwaukee or Chicago this year for their own show.
Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden (7/24)
Linkin Park/30 Seconds To Mars (8/29)
Old 02-11-2014, 06:04 AM
N00B

More dates! Can't wait for the 27th!

The following list of TOOL SHOWS are now official:
- Friday, March 14: Fresno, CA @ Selland Arena

- Saturday, March 15: Las Vegas, NV @ Planet Hollywood

- Sunday, March 16: San Diego, CA @ Valley View Arena

- Monday, March 24: Austin, TX @ Cedar Park Center

- Tuesday, March 25: Houston, TX @ Toyota Center

- Thursday, March 27: Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Center

Tickets for the above shows will go on sale FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14 at 10am LOCAL TIME, EXCEPT for HOUSTON, which will go up at 12 NOON LOCAL TIME.

VIP PRE-SALES for the above shows will be available on
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13
on Toolarmy at 10am PST.

VIP PACK CONTENTS:

- One (1) VIP ticket for admission to concert show
- Entry for one (1) to the VIP area in the venue
- Access for one (1) to sound check with members of Tool
- Q+A session with Adam Jones
- Exclusive merchandise pack including:

1. An exclusive Tool tour t-shirt
2. Poster
3. VIP laminate
4. Bag of goodies

Check back for MORE INFO tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:16 AM
...the dead are among us!

Damn. One of my favorite bands ever and they might have the worst fan base on the planet. The crowd has come close to ruining two previous Tool shows for me. And usually too short of a setlist for what tickets cost.

Do they ever debut new material live before the record is released?
5/23 - St. Vitus
5/28 - Pseudogod / Wrathprayer
5/29 - Floor
6/27 - DFHVN / Pallbearer