Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014
Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014

Old 12-17-2014, 12:16 AM
with his arms outstretched

I've plowed through to halfway through Season Four (OF THE TV SHOW). I really liked where the show is going but there was a clear cut point to me (a person who started watching at the beginning of Season Five and was backtracking) where "everything changed" and that was the mid-season finale of Season Four. It was the point where it turned from the show I didn't know to the show I knew.

I was sad to see Herschel go. And for as bad as he was I was a little sad to see the Govener go too. Michonne gets better and better and for some reason I find her really attractive. Especially when she smiles. I don't know what it is. I really like Tara too. She's the kind of girl I like who would work at a video game store and read comic books. And her humor is really good and from left-field. After three seasons of feet dragging sadness it was a nice change. And Rosita...can you imagine her BEFORE the apocalypse. I also like all the "red shirts". I've always liked the background characters and I always wonder what their stories could be. I myself fit the bill as a red shirt.

The characters I'm not liking; pretty much just Glenn and Maggie. I've been fast-forwarding through anything with them. I don't know what it is but I just don't care. I don't really like Sasha or Judith either.

Overall, I still have five episodes left until I'm one hundred percent caught up and can give my final thoughts but tonight I watched the episode "After" and I thought to myself that would have been a really good note to end the whole series on.

I also just found out that the actor who played Patrick (the teenager who first got infected at the beginning of Season Four and caused that whole outbreak) also voiced Hope Estheim in Final Fantasy XIII...I honestly think Patrick was less damaging to society.

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2

Last edited by adamclark52; 12-18-2014 at 12:54 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM
with his arms outstretched

So I've blazed the entire series in the last month or so.

Season 1
I really liked the way season one started out. I liked the bleakness of the first episode and the whole unknown factor and the feeling of loneliness for Rick. My favorite scene in the whole series may be when Jenny Jones (that name still makes me laugh) was trying to open the door into the house where Rick, Morgan and Dwayne were hiding. The episodes in downtown Atlanta were great because I liked the bleakness, destruction and sadness. But the parts in the camp were a little boring to me.

Season 2
This season was boring as hell. I fast-forwarded a lot of it because all but a few of the characters are dead now so I really didn't care. Aside from the barn episode and the final episode I didn't care for this season too much. I was sad at the end when they had to leave the farm. I did feel bad for them. I wasn't too upset over Shane because I knew it was going to happen anyway.

Season 3
I really liked this season. I liked the paradox between life at the prison and life in Woodbury. Even though he was an evil man I really had nothing against the Govener. And I really liked Herschel. I grew really tired of Glenn and Maggie and fast-forwarded most of their scenes and I wasn't upset at all when Lori died. The last episode was really good, especially the last five minutes. But the rip my dad got me had an audio fuck-up and the weight of that scene was lost to me. Things did take a turn for the ridiculous this season during the Goveners attack on the prison. All of a sudden these normal people were jumping around and shooting at each other like they were all John Rambo.

Season 4
I liked the first half of this season. I really liked Herschel and missed him when he was gone. The middle of the season got really good. That little girl Lizzy was fucked right up. But once they started for Terminus the show turned for me. I found it pretty funny that the entire season took place over the course of a week or two. Glenn got over that flu pretty quickly. Like I said in my last post, the episode Alone would have been a perfect ending to the series. I don't think the show is going anywhere any time soon though.

Season 5
This is the first season I'd already seen. The turn that happened half-way through season 4 continued. This season reminds me of a lot of ECW wrestling matches. It's a "spot-fest". Cool shit happens in every episode, more graphic walkers, more intense scenes. All cool at the time but you have to wonder if in a few years (like a lot of ECW matches) you'll look back on this season and say "yeah, it really wasn't that great".

Overall
I've come to consider myself a fan of the show. I think seasons 1 and 3 are tied for being my favorites, maybe with 3 in the lead. The timeline is a little silly sometimes.

Characters I like:
Herschel
The Govener
Michonne
Rick
Merle
Lizzy
Dale
Andrea
Tara
Bob

Characters I don't like:
Lori
Glenn (season 3 onwards)
Maggie (she can't act for shit)
Judith (I guess having a baby in there adds some realism but I could live without it)

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2

Last edited by adamclark52; Yesterday at 07:52 PM.