Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Apocalyptica -- London, England -- March 31st, 2015
Van Halen -- Hollywood, CA -- March 30th, 2015
At The Gates -- March 30th, 2015 -- Vancouver, British Columbia
Kix -- West Springfield, VA -- March 27th, 2015
Bayside -- Chicago, IL -- March 26th, 2015

Old Today, 10:27 AM
with his arms outstretched

I just caught the segment with Lesnars "match" and it's official: he's my favorite wrestler of all time.

ALL. TIME. More than Undertaker, more than Jericho,more than Raven.
06/20 -- Bolt Thrower
07/06 -- U2
08/22 -- Motley Crue
Old Today, 11:52 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I just caught the segment with Lesnars "match" and it's official: he's my favorite wrestler of all time.

ALL. TIME. More than Undertaker, more than Jericho,more than Raven.
The F5 to Cole was one of the greatest moments of the last decade but it still doesn't put him above Taker or Jericho.

Wrestlemania was actually a very good show overall. The only thing I would have changed is having Sting win. This is right up there with Booker T losing to HHH at mania 19 when it comes to bone headed wrestlemania decisions. Which there has been at lot over the last decade. Absolutely no reason why Sting should have lost that. You can't justify HHH going over in anyway. That was Sting's big moment and they fucked it up.

The first hour and a half or Raw was really good. The problem is, they forgot they still needed to fill 90 mins after Lesnar wrecked everything. Why that didn't end they show is beyond me. Rollins didn't need to be in that tag match. You could have had Orton/Reigns against Show/Kane and saved the Rollins/Lesnar shit for the end.

A couple of back to back good shows from them, but as we see with Sting, bad booking choices will always prevail in the WWE. Things look exciting right now but after Extreme Rules, we all know it will go back to the same old shit they've been doing for the last few years and i'll be done watching again most likely until Summerslam.

Don't you love how Cena came on after the WWE title match was supposed to happen? Even as a midcard champ no other championship match can be booked above him. I'm guessing he'll be headlining PPVs over Rollins.
Old Today, 12:01 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Lesnar has almost ALWAYS gone on at the 9 o'clock hour, which is when that "match" took place. It may be their most popular hour, and they want to kick it off with something big like that. Not too late for the kids, and not too early to get missed.

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old Today, 12:29 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Lesnar has almost ALWAYS gone on at the 9 o'clock hour, which is when that "match" took place. It may be their most popular hour, and they want to kick it off with something big like that. Not too late for the kids, and not too early to get missed.
I don't care, there was an advertised world title match for the show. Nothing gets booked over your world championship match. If that's the case for the 9 o'clock spot, then put Cena's US title match with Ambrose on then. It still would have drawn a good number. If they're worried about it being too late and then put Raw on the air from 8-10 so none of the little kiddies miss anything.

Also, I wonder if during that in ring segment at wrestlemania how big of a hit it was to HHH and Stephanie's ego to know that they were not the two biggest stars in the ring with The Rock and Ronda Rousey in there?
Old Today, 12:52 PM
with his arms outstretched

Vince McMahon will bury WCW until the day he dies. On any and all fronts. Sting took fourteen years to come to the WWE but he's still a "WCW guy" therefor he needed to be buried too.

The thing that makes me laugh the most of the whole situation is while Vince is hellbent on driving home the point that he won and was superior I often wonder: how much is WCW even remembered at Turner headquarter? It's probably just an astrix in that huge companies long history. It was there to make money for them for really only a decade or so and when it became non-profitable they got rid of it like a dirty blanket. Do they even look back? A few people may but there's probably a portion of that company that never knew that it existed or that they ever owned it. So here you have Vince; still touting, walking tall and rubbing it in to their face while on the other side I doubt they even know and wouldn't be phased if they did.

And I agree that the World Title should close every show EXCEPT the Royal Rumble. The United States championship represents one country, the Intercontinental represents one half of the world, but the World Title represents the WORLD. If you have that you are the best in THE WORLD.
06/20 -- Bolt Thrower
07/06 -- U2
08/22 -- Motley Crue

Last edited by adamclark52; Today at 12:55 PM.