Maryland Deathfest 2016 Day 2 -- Baltimore, MD -- May 27th, 2016
Maryland Deathfest 2016 Day 1 -- Baltimore, MD -- May 26th, 2016
American Head Charge -- Baltimore, MD -- May 25th, 2016

Old 01-26-2016, 09:14 AM
Behold.Total.Rejection

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Or FernGully.

It's been confirmed Avatar 2 will not come out in 2017.
I can't help but wonder why Avatar 2 is becoming the Chinese Democracy of movies. Has a script or basic story outline even been done? You'd think a sequel to the top grossing movie of all time would be James Cameron's top priority. Does he just not have any ideas on where the story would go, or maybe realizes that Avatar's success was based solely on 3D which everybody else is capable of doing now?
10/3 - Sigur Ros
11/6 - Pet Shop Boys
Old 01-26-2016, 09:19 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

I was just curious as to why this Avatar thread is labeled "Star Wars". The mods should probably fix that.
12/30 Clutch
Old 02-06-2016, 04:11 PM
When I trust you we can do it with the lights on

I saw the Force Awakens for the fifth (and likely last) time in theatres today. I'm not sure when it's going to be one hundred percent out of theatres but the big theatre by my house has listings for what's playing over the next three weeks and the Force Awakens wasn't listed passed this coming Thursday. If if's still around in another month or so I'll see it one last time. I'm a little sad because I saw the Phantom Menace six times and that movie doesn't deserve to have gotten more theatre money from me.

Today I had the same euphoria watching it as I do most movies I see in theatres. But I don't see most movies five times, period. I didn't get quite the outpouring of emotion as I did before except the last half-hour of the movie. C-3PO's line to R2-D2 after he's shown everyone the star map ("Oh dear friend, you don't know how happy I am to see you") is the one that gets me every time. And still Luke at the end. I had an eye infection today so that's why my eye was so weepy.

But the theatre was still surprisingly full today. I'd say around seventy-five to one hundred people. Pretty good for a movie that's been out for a month and a half now. I don't think Sisters or Alvin and the Chipmunks: Road Chip are still even in theatres anymore.
06/10 -- Sunn 0)))
06/19 -- Nails
06/25 -- Madball
07/02 -- Thantifaxath(?)
Old 02-06-2016, 05:36 PM
I'll take a Lemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I saw the Force Awakens for the fifth (and likely last) time in theatres today. I'm not sure when it's going to be one hundred percent out of theatres but the big theatre by my house has listings for what's playing over the next three weeks and the Force Awakens wasn't listed passed this coming Thursday. If if's still around in another month or so I'll see it one last time. I'm a little sad because I saw the Phantom Menace six times and that movie doesn't deserve to have gotten more theatre money from me.

Today I had the same euphoria watching it as I do most movies I see in theatres. But I don't see most movies five times, period. I didn't get quite the outpouring of emotion as I did before except the last half-hour of the movie. C-3PO's line to R2-D2 after he's shown everyone the star map ("Oh dear friend, you don't know how happy I am to see you") is the one that gets me every time. And still Luke at the end. I had an eye infection today so that's why my eye was so weepy.

But the theatre was still surprisingly full today. I'd say around seventy-five to one hundred people. Pretty good for a movie that's been out for a month and a half now. I don't think Sisters or Alvin and the Chipmunks: Road Chip are still even in theatres anymore.
I saw it for the 3rd time in theaters last week with a friend. The only other time I've seen a movie in theaters more than 2 times was The Avengers 4 years ago.

With a Star Wars related movie coming out every year for the next 5 years, Disney is going to run out of places to put their bags of money

Also, you have to think that when it comes out on DVD/Blue Ray it would have to come close if not the best selling disc of all time right?
10/14-Gojira
Old 02-06-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
I saw it for the 3rd time in theaters last week with a friend. The only other time I've seen a movie in theaters more than 2 times was The Avengers 4 years ago.
I saw Phantom Menace in theatres six...fucking...times: three within two weeks of its release, once towards the end of that summer (1999) in a theatre by myself, once in October of 1999 when they rereleased it on IMAX (when IMAX was unheard of) and once in 2012 when they rereleased it in 3D. I only saw Attack of the Clones once in theatres and Revenge of the Sith twice. And I was a baby for the original trilogy but I saw Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi when they released the special editions in 1997. I missed A New Hope because of appendicitus.

The only other movies I remember seeing more than once in theatres were Jurrasic Park, True Lies, Independence Day, the LEGO movie, Jurrasic World and Kung Fu Panda 3.

Quote:
With a Star Wars related movie coming out every year for the next 5 years, Disney is going to run out of places to put their bags of money
Yeah, Diznee is going to be rolling in it forever. Literally forever. Star Wars will never not make money, especially if they take longer breaks to let it cool down for a decade or so. George Lucas selling the franchise rights for "only" three billion dollars will have to go down in history as one of the stupidest business decisions ever made. I'm sure Diznee has already made that and then some back. Shit, I would've taken out a loan for three billion dollars if he'd of came to me first. Or just given him a check postdated Jan. 1, 2017. AND I'D HAVE LEFT MARA JADE AND THE SOLO TWINS AS WERE!

Quote:
Also, you have to think that when it comes out on DVD/Blue Ray it would have to come close if not the best selling disc of all time right?
Maybe. It'll be the biggest seller of the year but I don't know where it would stand in the all time list, even with the inevitable multiple versions. With Netflix things have changed a lot. I won't lie; if it's available there I probably won't buy it. And if it ever left Netflix it won't be hard to find anyway. I don't feel that need anymore to GO OUT AND GET IT NOW. I did that with the first Star Wars DVD release and there've been two or three more versions and bluray released in the ten years since then. There'll be the "definative, complete" edition but I'd be able to see the deleted scenes online.
06/10 -- Sunn 0)))
06/19 -- Nails
06/25 -- Madball
07/02 -- Thantifaxath(?)

Last edited by adamclark52; 02-07-2016 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:57 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

I've seen Force Awakens three times and plan on seeing it a fourth before it's over. Only other movies I saw more than twice was Amazing Spider-Man (3) and Guardians Of The Galaxy (3).
Old 02-07-2016, 03:25 PM

06/10 -- Sunn 0)))
06/19 -- Nails
06/25 -- Madball
07/02 -- Thantifaxath(?)
Old 02-07-2016, 04:22 PM
I'll take a Lemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post

after seeing rumors on the net and viewing the movie three times.....I'm starting to buy into that
10/14-Gojira
Old 02-07-2016, 05:38 PM
Behold.Total.Rejection

The Force Awakens just passed 2 billion at the box office, good job Star Wars fans
10/3 - Sigur Ros
11/6 - Pet Shop Boys
Old 03-06-2016, 09:32 PM

So being the "mark" I am I had to jump on my five year old son today for his canon inconsistencies. He was looking at my Kylo Ren poster and he goes, "hey dad, did you know that Kylo Ren HAS A BROTHER!?". So I jump right on it: "what are you talking aboot", "no he doesn't", "where'd you read this?", "did you find spoilers?", "actually son, in the pre-Diznee Star Wars expanded universe, blah-blah-blah".

He looks at me like the idiot I am and goes, "no DAD. He has a brother named Shylo Ren, and he has a FOUR BLADED lightsaber".

"oh...yeah...I forgot that video games haven't completely fried your imagination yet"

I forgot that five year olds have wild imaginations and are able to think outside the box unlike his no foolish mark of a father can.
06/10 -- Sunn 0)))
06/19 -- Nails
06/25 -- Madball
07/02 -- Thantifaxath(?)

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-06-2016 at 09:39 PM.