Slayer -- New Orleans, LA -- April 26th, 2015
Europe -- Sault Sainte Marie, MI -- April 23rd, 2015
dUg Pinnick -- Shreveport, LA -- April 25th, 2015

Old 03-30-2015, 04:27 AM
Dittohead

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Questions:
- Was that Negan at the end looking at the pictures of Alexandria?
- My PVR cut during the post credits scene just as the Walker in the Red Sweater was walking by the car that said “Wolves are Coming”. Literally, just as the car was coming in to camera. Did anything else happen after that?
- When will Rick just kiss Michonne?
-No it wasnt Negan. It was just the other Wolf that tried to attack Morgan.
-That was it, it just said "Wolves are near" obviously signifying they are the new threat in Ssn 6
-Time will tell!

It was a great ending to a very intense season. The group went through so much if you really think about it this ssn. I agree they couldve extended a few storylines a bit more, but then people would just complain that the storylines were boring and want more action. You can never win right? That said...The intro of the Wolves was great! MORGAN And....Do it!

Id say my only possible gripe is that there was so much buildup to a main character death and then there was nothing. Im still not sure how I feel about it, part of me was so into WHO was gonna bite it only to not have it happen at all

Either way, Im extremely excited as to how this ssn went and how they are setting up next ssn. October cant come soon enuff!!
Old 03-30-2015, 07:47 AM
with his arms outstretched

I guess there's going to be a spin-off series starting this summer to fill the void. I like that idea. It's nice to have a show with the same background but not have to be tied down by the same characters. It'll be nice to have a show that's not somewhat tied down by the comic too. More freedom for the writers.

I wonder when it starts?
07/06 -- U2
08/07 -- Faith No More
08/22 -- Motley Crue
10/03 -- Origin
Old 03-30-2015, 07:59 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I guess there's going to be a spin-off series starting this summer to fill the void. I like that idea. It's nice to have a show with the same background but not have to be tied down by the same characters. It'll be nice to have a show that's not somewhat tied down by the comic too. More freedom for the writers.

I wonder when it starts?
The preview looked good up until it looked like it would be the same idea. How much can AMC squeeze out of the zombie genre? I don't want the idea to become over saturated. Not like anybody is really doing anything new so I guess this is just kinda par for the course.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:05 AM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
The preview looked good up until it looked like it would be the same idea. How much can AMC squeeze out of the zombie genre? I don't want the idea to become over saturated. Not like anybody is really doing anything new so I guess this is just kinda par for the course.
You've gotta strike while the iron is hot. They've struck gold with this show and they are going to milk that cow until it dries up. It's just par for the course with the entertainment business (see: Marvel).
07/06 -- U2
08/07 -- Faith No More
08/22 -- Motley Crue
10/03 -- Origin
Old 03-30-2015, 08:26 AM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Judging by that preview, it looked like it may take place when everything FIRST STARTED and spread, which was kind of skipped over since Rick was in a coma and whatnot. I'm stoked to see what they do with it.

Pretty solid season finale. Was pretty bummed that Daryl lied to everyone about it being a super emotionally filled episode, he definitely made it seem like a main character was giong to go, but instead it was just a supporting guy. But either way, it was a heavy episode with what actually happened. Great to see Morgan find his way back to Rick, but that ending... oh boy. Morgan walking in right when Rick shot the porch dick, when in the very beginnign Morgan said something about everyone deserving a chance no matter what they do.

Great to see the Wolves appear. Still a very open group and I have no idea what they could do, but obviously judging by that trap, they are some crafty fellows. The ending meeting was great, and when Rick showed up and talked sense into everyone, and the leader lady saying "Do it" (same thing Rick told dudes wife to say when she couldn't handle it), really shows that he has talked some sense into them.

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 03-30-2015, 09:53 AM
That Guy

I found the the whole 2nd half of the season really trying to get through. It was more of the emotionally based episodes that can be good in small doses but done over and over and over again get quite boring.

Look how many characters are still left in the show. It's quite over saturated. ANd now with a prequel spinoff, it will be even more so.

People need to die again, not just 1 every 3 episodes or so.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:58 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I found the the whole 2nd half of the season really trying to get through. It was more of the emotionally based episodes that can be good in small doses but done over and over and over again get quite boring.

Look how many characters are still left in the show. It's quite over saturated. ANd now with a prequel spinoff, it will be even more so.

People need to die again, not just 1 every 3 episodes or so.
I disagree on nearly all points. The entire season was probably one of the best so far, and there were fewer slow episodes this season than perhaps any other. It can't all be about mowing down vast armies of walkers and killing off main characters every episode. That'd be boring as balls.

Which brings me to another point. They don't bring in new characters often enough to keep killing them off as fast as you'd seem to prefer. Aside from the Alexandrians, only a few of which will be around for very long anyways, there are now only about twelve characters left in the core group, and several of them are almost impossible to kill off without severely impacting the story in irreparable ways. It'll happen sooner or later, because it always does, but after losing Tyreese recently - and to a lesser extent Noah and Beth - I think the pace is just about right.

Lastly, the prequel will not oversaturate anything - it's an entirely different set of characters as it takes place in L.A. before the walkers took over the world, so there'll be no characters in common, the story will be different, and the only thing the shows will share is the idea of a zombie apocalypse (and of course many of the people who make the shows will be working on both projects, but that has nothing to do with your comment).

Anyway, I'm stoked to see that there's a good chance of Morgan joining the group next season. He's a total badass now, and I'm curious to see what spiritual awakenings he has been through since Rick encountered him holed up in that creepy apartment surrounded by booby traps and 99% out of his mind. He seems very zen now - almost like a Shaolin monk who has been going walkabout like Cain in Kung Fu just dispatching walkers like it ain't nothin' but a thang.

I'm honestly really looking forward to the prequel - the writers have pretty much tabula rasa to do whatever they want to do with the storyline, plus it'll help curb my TWD withdrawals over the summer.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 03-31-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:34 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
The ending meeting was great, and when Rick showed up and talked sense into everyone, and the leader lady saying "Do it" (same thing Rick told dudes wife to say when she couldn't handle it), really shows that he has talked some sense into them.
Not sure I got that feeling ENTIRELY. It may have been her realizing that sometimes that needs to be done, but I think it was also influenced by selfish reasons. It was her husband that died, someone SHE cares deeply about and was important to her, so NOW it's ok to kill the person responsible. You can bring up Aiden being killed too, but that wasn't a case of him being murdered, plus she didn't exactly seem to fond of his antics anyway (I mean she thanked Glen TWICE for punching him in the face).
Old 03-31-2015, 01:39 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I disagree on nearly all points. The entire season was probably one of the best so far, and there were fewer slow episodes this season than perhaps any other. It can't all be about mowing down vast armies of walkers and killing off main characters every episode. That'd be boring as balls.

Which brings me to another point. They don't bring in new characters often enough to keep killing them off as fast as you'd seem to prefer. Aside from the Alexandrians, only a few of which will be around for very long anyways, there are now only about twelve characters left in the core group, and several of them are almost impossible to kill off without severely impacting the story in irreparable ways. It'll happen sooner or later, because it always does, but after losing Tyreese recently - and to a lesser extent Noah and Beth - I think the pace is just about right.

Lastly, the prequel will not oversaturate anything - it's an entirely different set of characters as it takes place in L.A. before the walkers took over the world, so there'll be no characters in common, the story will be different, and the only thing the shows will share is the idea of a zombie apocalypse (and of course many of the people who make the shows will be working on both projects, but that has nothing to do with your comment).

Anyway, I'm stoked to see that there's a good chance of Morgan joining the group next season. He's a total badass now, and I'm curious to see what spiritual awakenings he has been through since Rick encountered him holed up in that creepy apartment surrounded by booby traps and 99% out of his mind. He seems very zen now - almost like a Shaolin monk who has been going walkabout like Cain in Kung Fu just dispatching walkers like it ain't nothin' but a thang.

I'm honestly really looking forward to the prequel - the writers have pretty much tabula rasa to do whatever they want to do with the storyline, plus it'll help curb my TWD withdrawals over the summer.
The episode itself was great. There was a lot of tension and intensity. but besides the return of *said person*, to me, it just feels like nothing is happening. I will say that I did forget that what just happened was the second half of the season, and the first half had some great moments as well.

It just seems to happen with my feelsing where every other season, like Windoes OS systems, is good. This was good, but I felt letdown as a whole. But also that said, it's leading into what really feels like an awesome season 6.
Old Today, 08:21 AM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Been reading through the comic a bit more... jayzus! I am just passed where they left off on the show now... and damn, if they go the same route... shits gonna get intense before it gets worse! Carl

Been cool seeing what characters take over what other characters are doing on the show and opposite. A lot of scenes on the show were nearly taken straight from the comic in this last season, which was pretty cool to see!

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom