Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014

Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Apparently it's a cover of the ZZ Top song. I found that out after i posted. That doesn't stop it from being one of the worst things I've ever heard.
Stumbled upon this in iTunes and gave it a listen just for kicks. I think that's possibly THE worst thing I've ever heard.
Old Today, 10:05 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

So I got an email last night telling me my copy of Anaal Nathrakh's new album has been delayed for a week by amazon.ca. So I went out and bought the new Slipknot just so I can say I'll get one 2014 release this month of the five I'm interested in. I haven't listened to it just yet.
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
03/07 - Video Games Live
Old Today, 10:23 AM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Watch, it'll be your numbah wun album ov 2014

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old Today, 10:40 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
So I got an email last night telling me my copy of Anaal Nathrakh's new album has been delayed for a week by amazon.ca. So I went out and bought the new Slipknot just so I can say I'll get one 2014 release this month of the five I'm interested in. I haven't listened to it just yet.
This is the one thing I always say to people about bands/labels talking up first week album sales: you gotta make your album available for people to buy it.

Also, let us know how it is. I haven't decided if I'm going to buy it because I like about half the songs on each Slipknot album and don't like the rest :/
Old Today, 11:29 AM
Close your eyes forget your name

So normally I don't do reviews so this is a first for me in this forum

Slipknot- .5 The Gray Chapter

I ordered the special edition from Amazon forgetting I got the standard album for free when I got my tickets for the tour. Oh well

Overall it is a good album; I'd rank it above All Hope is Gone and put it on par with Vol.3 but under Slipknot and Iowa. It has some standout tracks that are really good but then have some sub-par tracks that bring it down a bit.

My Favorite tracks

- AOV
- The Devil In I
- Killpop (my overall favorite, has a Vermilion vibe to it)
- Custer
- The Negative One
- If Rain is What You Want

Again a good release and they seem refreshed after the loss of Paul and firing Joey. (I will say I am not a huge fan of the album title/artwork. I know Paul was near and dear to Slipknot and it is shame he passed but making a entire album as a tribute to him is a bit much)

Anyway I'd give .5 a 7/10 with some great songs but also some brand tracks that keeps it from being their best
11/19- Judas Priest
Old Today, 11:34 AM
N00B

Did they credit the drummer and bassist in the liner notes, by any chance?
Old Today, 11:51 AM
Close your eyes forget your name

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
I only got the digital albums but if they did it would be: Bass Guitar: guy with hand tattoos, Drums: some dude
11/19- Judas Priest
Old Today, 12:22 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Watch, it'll be your numbah wun album ov 2014
Yeah, for sure; WATCH OUT THEE SILVER MT. ZION REVERIES!

But really, it's not that bad. I was gonna do an individual review but everyone's already heard it. So here's a few paragraphs.

It's pretty much what you should expect from Slipknot. It's not "thinking man's metal"‎ or deep thought-provoking music. I can liken it to a current day Megadeth concert. You're going to get what you should expect and nothing more. So put aside everything and just enjoy yourself for a change.*

There are some really good/cool ideas going on in pretty much every song. Just some songs are better than others. My favorite songs are AOV and the albums intro XIX. I like that they put "the single" the Negative One at the end of the album. I like when bands do that, it shows me that they have faith in the rest of their music. I also like that track 15 was two minutes of silence and track 16 was just some weird ass clip of some guy talking. And track 17 was some "joke" outro. They're terrible wastes of time but that's a little thing you don't hear that much in the digital age of 2014. At least I don't. It took me back to the days of the 1990's when people listened to CD's. And when more thought was put into sequencing and rewarding listeners with treats.

The album does lose a bit of steam after Lech. Goodbye is the only song I'd say "get off the album". I have a hard time with Slipknot when they try and do ballads. They're still a band wearing crazy ass masks and shit, save that stuff for Stone Sour. I contradict myself when I say my favorite song off the album is XIX but when I listen to Slipknot I was to just be pummeled. Clean singing is okay in small doses. I'd trim a few more songs off the album (I can't pick any in particular, any off the second half) and shorten some of the songs. An hour is a bit much.

I got it for relatively cheap (by today's standards, thirteen dollars) and I feel that was the right price for this album. I didn't bother with the deluxe edition because I don't like big, cumbersome cases. I prefer standard jewel cases and ninety percent of my CD collection is that. ‎Overall, I still like Vol. 3 better and maybe the s/t album. I like this better than IOWA and I can't remember too much of All Hope Is Gone. But I never bought it so I must have not liked it.

tl;dr: what Disposable Justice said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
There are no band memeber/instrument credits that I could see in the book. But each member got a full page color picture in the booklet and they each got one, or at least someone wearing the masks did.
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
03/07 - Video Games Live

Last edited by adamclark52; Today at 12:37 PM.