Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ghost -- Lawrence, KS -- April 22nd, 2014
Alter Bridge -- Atlanta, GA -- April 19th, 2014
Megadeth -- Las Vegas, NV -- April 17th, 2014
Gotthard -- Zürich, Switzerland -- April 11th, 2014
Ghost -- St. Louis, MO -- April 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-12-2013, 04:23 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Very cool review! Great to keep reading reviews that say FSlayer is tearing ass on this tour. Can't wait till Lowell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
When I first saw Slayer in 2007, the opening band was Unearth and I wouldn't necessarily say there was booing, but just a bunch of intentional indifference. Slayer has a good track record of late for having kickass bands open for them.
Dude, that tour was sweet. Saw that tour in Poughkeepsie, NY. Absolute chaos. Remains the most intense show I've ever been to.

I didn't think Unearth was a bad opener but yeah, most of the crowd didn't seem to care.

03/08-Suffocation (?)
04/04-Kataklysm, Aborted (?)
04/05-Biohazard, Sworn Enemy (?)
Old 11-12-2013, 08:25 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross Face Chicken Wing View Post
*I was next to a 9- and 11-year-old girl during the show. Both of them said Slayer was their favorite band. Yes, Slayer is now wholesome family entertainment. (And they never once begged King for a pick.)
My first Slayer show was only a couple of years ago in Portland and I ended up sitting by a whole family that had a couple of young girls. I had always heard Slayer crowds were crazy but that didn't seem to be the case
Old 11-12-2013, 10:20 AM
N00B

Slayer crowds now compared to how they were when I first started going to shows are more of a controlled crazy. They'll mosh, have a good time, scream the lyrics, maybe even drink one too many beers, but not get too out of hand.

Back in the day it was complete chaos. Fights, drunk people vomiting in the pit, throwing shit on stage, leaping off balconies, wrecking the bathroom, booing opening bands off the stage. It was kind of fun to see, but annoying if it got too close to you and impacted your enjoyment of the show.

I'm probably just getting old, but I prefer watching Slayer today and not worrying as much about getting puked on or punched in the back of the head by some drunk skinhead who thinks he's moshing.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:08 PM
N00B

Thanks for the info.

Can anyone that has been to this tour confirm if 4arm was selling CDs at their merch table? I saw them open for Testament and really liked them, but they were sold out of CDs. They're also impossible to find online at a reasonable price. (I refuse to pay for mp3s.)
Old 11-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Holy shit that setlist.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:19 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross Face Chicken Wing View Post
Slayer crowds now compared to how they were when I first started going to shows are more of a controlled crazy. They'll mosh, have a good time, scream the lyrics, maybe even drink one too many beers, but not get too out of hand.

Back in the day it was complete chaos. Fights, drunk people vomiting in the pit, throwing shit on stage, leaping off balconies, wrecking the bathroom, booing opening bands off the stage. It was kind of fun to see, but annoying if it got too close to you and impacted your enjoyment of the show.

I'm probably just getting old, but I prefer watching Slayer today and not worrying as much about getting puked on or punched in the back of the head by some drunk skinhead who thinks he's moshing.
Yeah, it was a really, really bad idea to leave the chairs on the floor of the Omni for the Clash of the Titans date in Atlanta in 1991. I've never seen such frightened security guards as when a half-basketball-arena sized pit broke out and the chairs had to go somewhere...

Tags
slayer