Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Paul McCartney -- London, England -- May 24th, 2015
Single Bullet Theory -- Stowe, VT -- May 23rd, 2015
Clutch -- Sterling Heights, MI -- May 23rd, 2015
Giant Squid -- San Francisco -- May 23rd, 2015
It Lies Within -- Warren, MI -- May 22nd, 2015

Old 01-19-2015, 05:30 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Recently picked this up. Solid stuff, IMO. I'd give it an 8/10 but if we are giving points based on originality then 7/10 is fine.
It's an enjoyable record for sure. Also, I haven't abandoned this but newborns are kind of time consuming, as are new jobs. The thrash journey will continue!
Old 04-03-2015, 08:28 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Listening to Power From Hell for the first time. It sounds like Morbid Tales meets hardcore punk. Except on the two tracks where the guitar player sings, which sucks the feeling out of the album. Ugh.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:13 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Listening to Power From Hell for the first time. It sounds like Morbid Tales meets hardcore punk. Except on the two tracks where the guitar player sings, which sucks the feeling out of the album. Ugh.
Have you heard The Force? I'm curious as to how PFH stacks up. The Force took me a few listens to get into, but now I can appreciate it. Great riffs abound.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Gordo's quote of me saying I recently picked "this" up was referring to The Force. So I have heard it. Quite a few times. I've only listened to Power From Hell once thus far.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Gordo's quote of me saying I recently picked "this" up was referring to The Force. So I have heard it. Quite a few times. I've only listened to Power From Hell once thus far.
My bad on that. Been a while since this thread had new posts
Old 04-08-2015, 06:14 AM
One who onions things

I'd definitely like to see this thread continued if El Gordo's down. IMO, thrash did grow stagnant by the early '90s, but the few good albums out there were crazy cool. Heathen's Victims of Deception comes to mind. I'd love to read your thoughts on that time.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:59 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
I'd definitely like to see this thread continued if El Gordo's down. IMO, thrash did grow stagnant by the early '90s, but the few good albums out there were crazy cool. Heathen's Victims of Deception comes to mind. I'd love to read your thoughts on that time.
I know, I know... I want to and will continue this. Like I said, the combination of new kid and new job really sapped a lot of my free time. The other issue is that I just got burned out on thrash for a while. I think I'm about ready to hop back in though.