Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
The Evangelion shirt sounds cool, and with so much Cannibal shirts I think I'll pick one up. I might have to pass on the Slayer shirts if they're that expensive, which reminds me to ask how the standard tour shirt is. Any good?
The Mayhem shirts are actually really cool, I think. There are some neat designs.

The KS date isn't listed.

12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin OR Wolvhammer
Old 07-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
The Mayhem shirts are actually really cool, I think. There are some neat designs.

Sorry to hear that

Thanks for the info though, much appreciated
Old 07-22-2009, 11:20 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Are they the Iron Maiden of wigger-slam?
wigger slam. that shit made me spit out my orange drink.

great review by the way. i guess my experience was a lil different than yours but i'm glad you had fun.

oh and sucks the shirt didn't have your date on it.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post

great review by the way. i guess my experience was a lil different than yours but i'm glad you had fun.

oh and sucks the shirt didn't have your date on it.

Even though the mainstage was pretty much a letdown, I still had lots of fun! Can't wait to see if next year will be better.
12/16 - Pallbearer
Old 07-22-2009, 11:34 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:

At least they showed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
I have to disagree with that. They are good and metal just cause you dont like the band doesnt mean they are killing metal music. Atleast Howard Jones knows how to scream so you can understand the words.
Just because you like them doesn't mean they're not killing metal music.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Headbanger

[quote=rjturtle9;220678] wigger slam. that shit made me spit out my orange drink.

Wigger-slam and orange drink in the same sentence. That's funny I don't care who ya are.

As far as the Killswitch debate goes, be real. There are MANY worse bands out there and some fukkin horrific singers that can't hold H Jones jock. They make decent music but the double self-titled cd's and horrific cover and video for Holy Diver really hurt their credibility to me. Overall they're still one of the best bands on the bill to me and play a solid setlist.

That being said their guitar player (I refuse to look his name up) is the biggest assclown douche in the history of music. Rick Neilson and Angus Young both have a schtick. They play fun, rock and roll and act like clowns and it works. There is no place for that guy playing with a band like Slayer acting like that. He demeans the other metal bands with his copycat douche act. It's not funny, it's not cool, it's not real and I'm surprised more people haven't called him out for it. The guitar strap under his chin alone made me want to punch him in his piehole.
1/28 - Machine Head
Old 07-22-2009, 12:09 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Their are so many other bands on mayhemfest that kill music. killswitch isnt one of them. whitechaple and behemoth kill music
Old 07-22-2009, 12:25 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
That being said their guitar player (I refuse to look his name up) is the biggest assclown douche in the history of music. Rick Neilson and Angus Young both have a schtick. They play fun, rock and roll and act like clowns and it works. There is no place for that guy playing with a band like Slayer acting like that. He demeans the other metal bands with his copycat douche act. It's not funny, it's not cool, it's not real and I'm surprised more people haven't called him out for it. The guitar strap under his chin alone made me want to punch him in his piehole.
i actually think the guy is one of the funniest stage people ever. yes he is kind of a douche, but damn he's hilarious.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Just because you like them doesn't mean they're not killing metal music.
But they are. They're saturating the metal scene with shitty breakdowns, shitty clean vocals and shitty attitudes. 10 years from now, there's going to be a whole generation of kids who think Killswitch Engage are fucking metal and awesome, holding them in the highest regard. People can like whatever the fuck they want to like, but it doesn't change the fact that this band and metalcore in general is killing metal. Glam did it, nu-metal did it, metalcore is doing it.
12/16 - Pallbearer
Old 07-22-2009, 12:39 PM

[quote=jhdeity;220688]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post

Wigger-slam and orange drink in the same sentence. That's funny I don't care who ya are.

As far as the Killswitch debate goes, be real. There are MANY worse bands out there and some fukkin horrific singers that can't hold H Jones jock. They make decent music but the double self-titled cd's and horrific cover and video for Holy Diver really hurt their credibility to me. Overall they're still one of the best bands on the bill to me and play a solid setlist.

Well said. I'm not really knocking Howard because of how his vocals sound, more that they're fucking there.

Their music still is metalcore, and therefore sucks, though.
12/16 - Pallbearer

Tags
all that remains, behemoth, bullet for my valentine, cannibal corpse, god forbid, job for a cowboy, killswitch engage, slayer, the black dahlia murder, trivium, whitechapel