Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-22-2011, 05:43 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
Well Nicko recently played the song with Mcbrain Damage before Maiden's Tampa show so maybe that will renew interest in the song.
What the fuck is McBrain's Damage? I don't get it
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 04-22-2011, 06:35 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
What the fuck is McBrain's Damage? I don't get it
There's nothing to get. McBrain Damage is Nicko's side project and they usually do a few Maiden covers in their set. I don't think FOI is ever being brought back. It's been well known for years that Steve Harris doesn't like the song. Though i'm sure the audiences would go nuts if they ever did it again.

Cool set from Bruce. I would if he'll ever do a solo tour again? There's a lot from his albums that I would love to hear live one day.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:54 AM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
Well Nicko recently played the song with Mcbrain Damage before Maiden's Tampa show so maybe that will renew interest in the song.
doesn't matter if Nicko, Bruce or even the pope would want to play it, it's not them who calls the shot

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 04-22-2011, 08:03 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
There's nothing to get. McBrain Damage is Nicko's side project and they usually do a few Maiden covers in their set. I don't think FOI is ever being brought back. It's been well known for years that Steve Harris doesn't like the song. Though i'm sure the audiences would go nuts if they ever did it again.
McBrain Damage does a lot more than "a few Maiden covers in their set" - it's a Maiden tribute band, that occasionally plays other covers, haha. It's not like they have original music or anything. I have no idea who the hell is actually IN it at this point though, as I know for a fact 3/5 of the band that did the 2004 tour aren't even friends with Nicko anymore. In fact, one, Rick Baum, guitarist and co-founder of Rock N Roll Ribs - is suing Nicko.

Also, I strongly believe that the influence and power of Steve Harris is having an adverse effect on Maiden at this point - both in the songwriting and setlist departments.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:05 AM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I have no idea who the hell is actually IN it at this point though, as I know for a fact 3/5 of the band that did the 2004 tour aren't even friends with Nicko anymore. In fact, one, Rick Baum, guitarist and co-founder of Rock N Roll Ribs - is suing Nicko.
Really? Why aren't they even friends? And what's the lawsuit about?
Old 04-22-2011, 08:08 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
Really? Why aren't they even friends? And what's the lawsuit about?
It's a long story that has to do with the ownership of the restaurant, I'm not sure exactly. My sister was dating the ex-singer of McBrain Damage for about 2 years, and he and Rick are close friends, so I found out through her. I believe it was something along the lines of they started the business as partners and after Nicko found out how successful it was becoming, he tried to either steal money or just kick Rick out of the business. Something like that.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:59 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Cool set from Bruce. I would if he'll ever do a solo tour again? There's a lot from his albums that I would love to hear live one day.
There are rumors that he still has a contract to make 3 more solo albums, but it's never been confirmed. Some say he got out of the contract and others say he's still in it. I hope the latter of course since his last 3 have been super amazing and it might mean another solo tour.

Last edited by Travis The Dragon; 04-22-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:26 PM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Sweet set by Bruce. Love his solo stuff. Nice throwing, the Prisoner and Flight of Icarus in there too. It'd be nice for Maiden to do those
Old 11-21-2012, 05:10 AM
N00B

Rick Baum was arrested for allegedly abusing, sexually, an underage girl (2 counts), serving liquor to minors and sexual battery. He was also allegedly doing some creative accounting. Nicko is not being sued.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:13 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
It's a long story that has to do with the ownership of the restaurant, I'm not sure exactly. My sister was dating the ex-singer of McBrain Damage for about 2 years, and he and Rick are close friends, so I found out through her. I believe it was something along the lines of they started the business as partners and after Nicko found out how successful it was becoming, he tried to either steal money or just kick Rick out of the business. Something like that.
This is Bull****. Baum was arrested. See my last post

Tags
bruce dickinson