Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014
Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 04-22-2011, 05:43 AM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
Well Nicko recently played the song with Mcbrain Damage before Maiden's Tampa show so maybe that will renew interest in the song.
What the fuck is McBrain's Damage? I don't get it
__________________
11/22 Iceage
12/3 Peter Murphy
12/6 Cut Copy
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-22-2011, 06:35 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
What the fuck is McBrain's Damage? I don't get it
There's nothing to get. McBrain Damage is Nicko's side project and they usually do a few Maiden covers in their set. I don't think FOI is ever being brought back. It's been well known for years that Steve Harris doesn't like the song. Though i'm sure the audiences would go nuts if they ever did it again.

Cool set from Bruce. I would if he'll ever do a solo tour again? There's a lot from his albums that I would love to hear live one day.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-22-2011, 06:54 AM
PowerMaiden's Avatar
PowerMaiden PowerMaiden is online now
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
Well Nicko recently played the song with Mcbrain Damage before Maiden's Tampa show so maybe that will renew interest in the song.
doesn't matter if Nicko, Bruce or even the pope would want to play it, it's not them who calls the shot


Cheers !
PowerMaiden
__________________
Life Down There Is Just A Strange Illusion
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-22-2011, 08:03 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
There's nothing to get. McBrain Damage is Nicko's side project and they usually do a few Maiden covers in their set. I don't think FOI is ever being brought back. It's been well known for years that Steve Harris doesn't like the song. Though i'm sure the audiences would go nuts if they ever did it again.
McBrain Damage does a lot more than "a few Maiden covers in their set" - it's a Maiden tribute band, that occasionally plays other covers, haha. It's not like they have original music or anything. I have no idea who the hell is actually IN it at this point though, as I know for a fact 3/5 of the band that did the 2004 tour aren't even friends with Nicko anymore. In fact, one, Rick Baum, guitarist and co-founder of Rock N Roll Ribs - is suing Nicko.

Also, I strongly believe that the influence and power of Steve Harris is having an adverse effect on Maiden at this point - both in the songwriting and setlist departments.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-22-2011, 08:05 AM
Maideneer's Avatar
Maideneer Maideneer is offline
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I have no idea who the hell is actually IN it at this point though, as I know for a fact 3/5 of the band that did the 2004 tour aren't even friends with Nicko anymore. In fact, one, Rick Baum, guitarist and co-founder of Rock N Roll Ribs - is suing Nicko.
Really? Why aren't they even friends? And what's the lawsuit about?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
Really? Why aren't they even friends? And what's the lawsuit about?
It's a long story that has to do with the ownership of the restaurant, I'm not sure exactly. My sister was dating the ex-singer of McBrain Damage for about 2 years, and he and Rick are close friends, so I found out through her. I believe it was something along the lines of they started the business as partners and after Nicko found out how successful it was becoming, he tried to either steal money or just kick Rick out of the business. Something like that.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Travis The Dragon's Avatar
Travis The Dragon Travis The Dragon is offline
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Cool set from Bruce. I would if he'll ever do a solo tour again? There's a lot from his albums that I would love to hear live one day.
There are rumors that he still has a contract to make 3 more solo albums, but it's never been confirmed. Some say he got out of the contract and others say he's still in it. I hope the latter of course since his last 3 have been super amazing and it might mean another solo tour.
__________________
Website Designer and Product Promotions for LightUpFun.com
My concerts, future and past: fonzbear2000.blogspot.com

Last edited by Travis The Dragon; 04-22-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-22-2011, 01:26 PM
PlaysWithKnives's Avatar
PlaysWithKnives PlaysWithKnives is offline
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 302
Sweet set by Bruce. Love his solo stuff. Nice throwing, the Prisoner and Flight of Icarus in there too. It'd be nice for Maiden to do those
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-21-2012, 05:10 AM
vitavetavegamin vitavetavegamin is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 4
Rick Baum was arrested for allegedly abusing, sexually, an underage girl (2 counts), serving liquor to minors and sexual battery. He was also allegedly doing some creative accounting. Nicko is not being sued.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-21-2012, 05:13 AM
vitavetavegamin vitavetavegamin is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
It's a long story that has to do with the ownership of the restaurant, I'm not sure exactly. My sister was dating the ex-singer of McBrain Damage for about 2 years, and he and Rick are close friends, so I found out through her. I believe it was something along the lines of they started the business as partners and after Nicko found out how successful it was becoming, he tried to either steal money or just kick Rick out of the business. Something like that.
This is Bull****. Baum was arrested. See my last post
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bruce dickinson

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008