House of Blues, Chicago
W/Every Time I Die, Ghoul

Every Time I Die:
Bored Stiff
Ebolarama
No Son of Mine
The Marvelous Slut
She's My Rushmore
Underwater Bimbos From Outer Space (new Song)
I Been Gone a Long Time
Wanderlust
Diablo
We'rewolf
Floater

GWAR: (same as the previous nights, setlist.fm help)
Zombies, March!
A Gathering Of Ghouls
Storm Is Coming
Jagermonsta
Eighth Lock
Crack In The Egg
Bring Back The Bomb
Immortal Corruptor
KZ Necromancer
Hail, Genocide!
Metal Metal Land
Let Us Slay
Damnation Under God
The Uberklaw
Ham On The Bone
The Salaminizer
------
Maggots
Sick Of You

Review:
Holy crap, what a show!

First band up was Ghoul, who were pretty amazing despite the venue being about 1/3 full when they played. We had a nice pit going on the whole time, and I got a bit of blood sprayed on me to warm me up for Gwar! A lot of their songs sounded similar, and I didn't get the set, but it all sounded great. Graveyard Mosh was the highlight for me.

Next up was the band I was primarily there for, Every Time I Die. And holy shit, they brought it. I didn't know what to expect since I feel like their fans don't really crossover with the Gwar/Ghoul crowd, but as soon as they got on the venue filled up quick and almost everybody went insane. Since it was Halloween, the came out dressed up in only speedoes and Chippendales bow ties! Fucking hilarious. I love their sense of humor. I have a hard time classifying them musically, but if any one word embodied them best, I'd call it "Partycore". Tons of crowdsurfing and crazy moshes, including some big hardcore guys throwing down a lot. Not those skinny kids, either: there were two huge, 250+ pound dudes in Integrity and Warzone shirts going at it. The Integrity guy kept kneeling down so we could vault off him. Very fun! And holy shit, when they build up a song to a breakdown, they reeeeeally break it down. Probably the heaviest breakdowns I've seen live. It put deathcore to shame.

Then Gwar... my first time seeing them, and I didn't really know what to expect, but it was way crazier than I anticipated. As soon as the lights dimmed, everybody pushed to the front, and for the first half of the set, I was caught in one of the most crushing crowds I've ever experienced. EVERYBODY needed to get blood on themselves. There was a decent pit, too, but the floor was so crowded it ended up like everybody was moving back and forth like a giant wave. Other than that, all I can say was it was really, really fun. I can't see how any human being can go to a Gwar show and not have fun.

Couple of other things:

I crowdsurfed once during Gwar to make sure I got sprayed nice and good, which I did, but when I was getting pulled down by security, some asshole in the front actually had the complete audacity to grab onto my left foot, and try to pry my shoe off! Hey, fuckhead, I still have a RIGHT foot. And I can see you. Only time I've intentionally hurt someone at a show, and I felt good about it.

And I had the thought: I wonder what Gwar would be like if they dressed up like normal guys and put on a traditional concert? They'd probably have trouble filling up Reggie's-sized venues. Whoever's call it was to decide to wear ridiculous costumes on stage made the best unintentional business decision in history.

Anyway, sick concert, had tons of fun, and would see any of those bands again in a heartbeat! I'm not sure how it sized up to previous Gwar tours, but I had a blast.

Last edited by jd091; 11-01-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
And I had the thought: I wonder what Gwar would be like if they dressed up like normal guys and put on a traditional concert? They'd probably have trouble filling up Reggie's-sized venues. Whoever's call it was to decide to wear ridiculous costumes on stage made the best unintentional business decision in history.
It's been done
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObKGL8sw9MU

Also Gwar played with no costumes for the first couple years of their existence under the name Death Piggy. They added the costumes after using them as a joke a few times at Death Piggy shows and they realized they got a better reaction when they used them so they further developed the costumes and became a costume band.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:47 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
It's been done
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObKGL8sw9MU

Also Gwar played with no costumes for the first couple years of their existence under the name Death Piggy. They added the costumes after using them as a joke a few times at Death Piggy shows and they realized they got a better reaction when they used them so they further developed the costumes and became a costume band.

Cool! I actually just wikipedia'd it, interesting stuff!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

I still want to see them!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:42 PM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I still want to see them!
I think jd said that you would be at the show? But yeah this was my first time seeing GWAR and Ghoul as well and they were both awesome! To add on to my costume signings, I got GWAR's drummer, the merch guy of Ghoul, and 2 other guys in Ghoul (not sure which ones) to sign it! Sucks I couldn't find Ross Sewage after, though. I saw him before they went on and I'm like HOLY FUCK NEED TO GET MARKER! By the time I got back he was getting dressed for Ghoul.

This was a great way to end the 5 shows in a row I went to.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Bohab

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
I think jd said that you would be at the show? But yeah this was my first time seeing GWAR and Ghoul as well and they were both awesome! To add on to my costume signings, I got GWAR's drummer, the merch guy of Ghoul, and 2 other guys in Ghoul (not sure which ones) to sign it! Sucks I couldn't find Ross Sewage after, though. I saw him before they went on and I'm like HOLY FUCK NEED TO GET MARKER! By the time I got back he was getting dressed for Ghoul.

This was a great way to end the 5 shows in a row I went to.
Lol were you the ketchup guy? If so i was derricks friend that stayed on the train with you lol
Old 11-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
But that's not GWAR. That's Rawg. BIG DIFFERENCE.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:11 PM
N00B

Ghoul and GWAR were awesome and ETID suck bad they were boring and about to make me throw up and the male stripper thing was not funny at all
Old 11-02-2011, 05:24 AM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWAR654 View Post
Lol were you the ketchup guy? If so i was derricks friend that stayed on the train with you lol
Oh yeah, Matt, right? Haha that's awesome
Old 11-02-2011, 07:00 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdude0183 View Post
Ghoul and GWAR were awesome and ETID suck bad they were boring and about to make me throw up and the male stripper thing was not funny at all

Tags
every time i die, ghoul, gwar