Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 07-07-2012, 02:25 PM
XDoomsayerX's Avatar
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlamesOfBirchmen View Post
Good review! Your enthusiasm for the event really came through. I still think its a crime than Slipknot isn't playing Snuff. Its the one song I listen to by them on a regular basis.
What? It's a good song but has no place at a festival anyways. I saw it live when I saw em play a one off show in LA.

Also nice review dude! Disagree with ya though, I The Breather=generic deathcore, but they aren't bad live. Should've caught all of Anthrax. Damn fine live band even with a predictable set. Lastly I think "meeting" Slipknot is a waste of time seriously they dont even shake your hand or say hello. What's the point then?
__________________
Senses Fail-10/3
Mastojira-10/17
TWY/TSSF-10/19
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-07-2012, 03:23 PM
InFlamesOfBirchmen InFlamesOfBirchmen is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
What? It's a good song but has no place at a festival anyways. I saw it live when I saw em play a one off show in LA.

Also nice review dude! Disagree with ya though, I The Breather=generic deathcore, but they aren't bad live. Should've caught all of Anthrax. Damn fine live band even with a predictable set. Lastly I think "meeting" Slipknot is a waste of time seriously they dont even shake your hand or say hello. What's the point then?
How so? Yeah, its a slower song, but its become a fan favorite. I don't think it'd throw off the balance of the set or anything.

By the way, I agree with you about not meeting Slipknot. I'd be pissed if I were a huge fan and they didn't even acknowledge me when I paid money to come face to face with them.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-07-2012, 03:29 PM
XDoomsayerX's Avatar
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlamesOfBirchmen View Post
How so? Yeah, its a slower song, but its become a fan favorite. I don't think it'd throw off the balance of the set or anything.
Well if they took out Gently or another slower song then maybe I'd put Snuff in. The set as it stands now has its slow parts. The crowd was tame during Gently and Vermilion and even Sulfur. Snuff would be the only acoustic-ish song played the whole day is all.
__________________
Senses Fail-10/3
Mastojira-10/17
TWY/TSSF-10/19
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-07-2012, 03:51 PM
TheNobleFaceHumper TheNobleFaceHumper is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Well if they took out Gently or another slower song then maybe I'd put Snuff in. The set as it stands now has its slow parts. The crowd was tame during Gently and Vermilion and even Sulfur. Snuff would be the only acoustic-ish song played the whole day is all.
From what i heard, they dropped Vermillion and added Liberate.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Motorvatin Motorvatin is offline
Professor Nutbutter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Memphis
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Sticking to my original plan.

Arrive
Anthrax
Motorhead
Slayer
Leave
Exactly what i am doing. That became my plan once High on Fire cancelled.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Sticking to my original plan.

Arrive
Anthrax
Motorhead
Slayer
Leave
If I go (and that's a REALLY big "if"), that's my plan too.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-07-2012, 08:29 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,977
I had to read that twice to confirm that Anthrax was on the second stage and The Devil Wears Prada (who?) were on the main stage. I don't know who's worse, the people who made that decision or the ones who would pay money for something like this.
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-07-2012, 09:00 PM
InFlamesOfBirchmen InFlamesOfBirchmen is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I had to read that twice to confirm that Anthrax was on the second stage and The Devil Wears Prada (who?) were on the main stage. I don't know who's worse, the people who made that decision or the ones who would pay money for something like this.
Actually, Anthrax made that decision. They wanted to headline the second stage.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-07-2012, 09:09 PM
TheNobleFaceHumper TheNobleFaceHumper is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I had to read that twice to confirm that Anthrax was on the second stage and The Devil Wears Prada (who?) were on the main stage. I don't know who's worse, the people who made that decision or the ones who would pay money for something like this.
Headlining the side stage > opening the main stage, they're also getting like 15-20 minutes longer because of it.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-08-2012, 12:51 AM
NickLed19's Avatar
NickLed19 NickLed19 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville,TN
Posts: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNobleFaceHumper View Post
Headlining the side stage > opening the main stage, they're also getting like 15-20 minutes longer because of it.
5 min longer. DWP gets 35 and Anthrax gets 40.
__________________
Boston
Nothing More?
Journey
Tom Petty
Louder than Life Fest
ADTR/BMTH
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anthrax, as i lay dying, asking alexandria, i the breather, motorhead, slayer, slipknot, the devil wears prada, upon a burning body, whitechapel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:11 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008