Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ne Obliviscaris -- Sydney, Australia -- November 27th, 2014
Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014

Old 09-28-2012, 07:47 PM
One who onions things

I'm on my phone so I can't make the usual full post, but if you go to Kreator's facebook page my interview with Sami should be at the top. I'll post a link and whatnot tomorrow, but in the mean time enjoy!

Edit: looks like it made blabbermouth. Neat! Again, I'll post the links n things tomorrow.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16

Last edited by Onioner; 09-28-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:17 PM
One who onions things

Okay, here's my interview with Sami from Kreator. Dude was so nice to me and my friend despite us both being so young, and had a really humble yet informative response for all of my questions. Mille Petrozza does literally every Kreator interview, so I prepared two pages of really good questions to ask him. We get to the tour bus and the tour manager tells me that I'm interviewing Sami. Kreator are my favorite thrash band ever (and Sami is my favorite thrash guitarist), so it was easy for me to come up with the questions (everything I said was completely improvised, not a word was prepared in advance), but I was still freaking out all the way up until the interview. Afterwards my friend couldn't open the door out of the bus, so Ventor helped us. I geeked out and introduced myself to him, said his drumming was awesome then scurried out. I don't normally get all fanboy-ish, but meeting a musician that's genuinely inspired me always makes me like that haha. Anyway, enjoy! It's a video interview so now you all get to see my ugly mug in addition to hearing my weird fucking voice. As always, criticism is welcome and appreciated.

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2...-lineup-video/
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 09-29-2012, 02:33 PM
That Guy

Congrats man! You guys deserve the coverage on Blabbermouth (Despite the people who comment there). Its a great interview as well.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:44 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Congrats man! You guys deserve the coverage on Blabbermouth (Despite the people who comment there). Its a great interview as well.
Thank you dude! I was hoping to get some mean comments on blabbermouth, but I had no such luck haha.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 09-29-2012, 02:53 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Thank you dude! I was hoping to get some mean comments on blabbermouth, but I had no such luck haha.
No problem man.

Every time I get one up on Blabbermouth (11 times now) I always secretly hope for that, saying something like I suck or something. The only bad ones I have gotten so far was the quality of the video in my Devin Townsend interview, from just a couple people. Other then that its usually people posting their opinions about the band and probably never even checking out the interviews.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:51 PM
One who onions things

And the whoring resumes! This is an interview with Henry Montoya from Witchaven. At the Ghoul show last Friday I got to chat with Henry for the first time in a while (him, me and Lerby had one of those extremely deep and thoughtful 4 AM conversations at a friend's place over the summer haha). I mentioned that it would be cool to do an interview sometime soon, and Henry said "fuck it, we can do it right now!" So we went to a backstage area and did the completely improvised interview. The audio is hilarious, my friend is laughing the entire time and Ross Sewage makes an appearance! It was a little too casual though, so a transcription with some edits was necessary. Henry was pretty drunk, but he was really well spoken and gave some really well thought out answers to my questions. I think Witchaven fans will have a lot to like with this one!

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2...henry-montoya/

Next one up is Death Angel on Friday, I'm really excited for that one. It's always great to hang with bay area musicians for a little bit, after living there for a few years, hanging at shows and working at Trakworx Studio I've ended up with mutual friends and acquaintances with a lot of the old thrash dudes and the John Cobbett gang haha.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 10-24-2012, 05:28 PM
One who onions things

I didn't realize how bored I would be during breaks between classes without this site, glad to see it back!

Here's my interview with Ted Aguilar from Death Angel. Ted was so amazingly nice and chill to me and my friend who filmed the interview. We also live relatively close to each other back home, so it was cool to talk about the bay for a little. I also told him about how I met Andrew Metalhead at a DA show in SF- Andrew's done three interviews with Ted and the two are buds. I kind of derped a couple of times during the interview, most noticeably in the very first question, but otherwise I think the interview turned out well! Mark Osegueda was also really happy to see my Hell Fire shirt, and I talked to Will Carroll for a bit about Hammers of Misfortune (dude's their new permanent drummer, Chewy Marzolo's out again). Anyway, enjoy and criticism is welcome as always.

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2...us-tour-video/

This ended up on blabbermouth as well, but it showed up at like 2 AM on a Sunday morning so I don't think a lot of people saw it haha.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 11-06-2012, 03:18 AM
One who onions things

Here's my interview with Marc "Mad Dog Duce" Deleon from the Mentors. This was probably the most over the top and ridiculous conversation I've ever had with a musician. Dude just kept going on, I wouldn't even have to ask a question- I could just say a short phrase and he would talk for minutes as a response! If you guys don't know the Mentors already, they're basically the most awesome band in the world. They wear black hoods onstage, their drummer sings and their songs are the most vulgar and offensive I have ever heard.

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2...-mad-dog-duce/

My next interview is with Craig Locicero from Forbidden. He's playing wih his side project SpiralArms, so it'll be an interesting chat to be sure.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 PM
One who onions things

Here's my interview with Craig Locicero from Forbidden. Craig was a very laidback and cool dude to talk to, and talking about home with him before and after the interview was really fun. He also made sure that my friend who filmed the interview had her ticket taken care of, which was super nice of him to do. The band he played with on this night, SpiralArms, is fricken awesome. They're heavy blues rock with B3 organ like Beale Street/Robot Hive-era Clutch, and they are just an incredible live band. Anyway, enjoy!

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2...ralarms-video/

Edit: Looks this one made blabbermouth too, sweet!
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16

Last edited by Onioner; 11-11-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:29 PM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Here's my interview with Marc "Mad Dog Duce" Deleon from the Mentors. This was probably the most over the top and ridiculous conversation I've ever had with a musician. Dude just kept going on, I wouldn't even have to ask a question- I could just say a short phrase and he would talk for minutes as a response! If you guys don't know the Mentors already, they're basically the most awesome band in the world. They wear black hoods onstage, their drummer sings and their songs are the most vulgar and offensive I have ever heard.

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2...-mad-dog-duce/

My next interview is with Craig Locicero from Forbidden. He's playing wih his side project SpiralArms, so it'll be an interesting chat to be sure.
This is insane! That part about the Browntooth Grin was so fucked up
1/2 Forn
1/11 Mayhem/Revenge
2/7 Napalm Death