Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Old 08-29-2012, 04:34 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Best Bands You Have Seen Live

I searched to see if anything similar would come up, but mainly just "best 3 shows you have been to" or "bands that suck live" threads...

so...

What bands has everyone seen live that absolutely blew them away? Whether its a band you love, a band you didn't know about, etc etc. Who out there can bring it in the live setting? List them and add a reason why if you like.

I'll start... and likely add on as I think of more.

Between the Buried and Me
I was never a huge fan of theirs, but when a fellow musician told me to check out "Colors", I did... AND HOLY SHIT was I blown away. I wanted to see them live, but always missed the chance, or they just never came to Seattle. I finally got to see them at Summer's Laughter, and it was by far one of the greatest shows I had ever witnessed. Everything was spot on, the music was epic, it was amazing. Their set alone was worth the $30 I paid.

Melechesh
I don't know what it is, but I have a thing for the whole Middle Eastern sound. When I randomly stumbled upon Melechesh a few years ago I made it my goal that I would see them... but missed their first US performance at MDF. When I heard that they were touring with Rotting Christ last year, nothing would stop me from going. I was amazed at the musicianship, the energy, and pressence.... everything was perfect.

Morbid Angel
I think it was more of a surprise at how much I enjoyed their set. I have never been a huge fan of theirs, I absolutely hated "Heretic", and never listened to much else, but when I saw them at MDF... wow... they can bring it.

Korpiklaani
This doesn't need an explanation. They are the most fun band ever. Get into the jig pits and see for yourself.

Haemorrhage
I had never heard them prior to MDF, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Long story short, if you see them on a flyer, go see them. Amazing performance, and about the same fun level as Korpiklaani, sans the Jigging.

Napalm Death
It's Napalm Death. Period.

Septic Flesh
I wasn't sure how they would pull off the orchastrations in the live setting. what if they fuck up? what if it sounds like butt? What if it's boring since everything has to be played perfectly. What I saw, and heard, was amazing. Not only does their music still come across as epic and huge live, but the fact they can play it so perfectly is just... wow.

So yeah... share your bands!

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 08-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Black Dahlia Murder

Spot on and just a band that is always having fun on stage and doing what they love.

Trapped Under Ice

They still may get shit since their lead singer had the assault incident but just a band that is having a good time, sounds spot on, and makes sure the crowd is a part of the show. Also the band where after the show the lead singer shook my hand and personally thanked me for participating during the show.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Bands that have never disappointed me and gave me extreme post-concert euphoria (you know what I'm talking about):

Skeletonwitch
Vektor
Mastodon
Dragged Into Sunlight
Ghoul

...those are the first ones that come to mind
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin OR Wolvhammer
Old 08-29-2012, 05:54 PM
TiradesOfTruth

The Black Dahlia Murder
The first time I saw them they absolutely blew me away. They always sound tight as fuck and you can tell they are having a great time up on the stage.

Iron Maiden
What else do I really have to say...

Skeletonwitch
I have only had the pleasure of seeing them once but holy fuck do they bring it live. They are all chill dudes and you can really tell when they are playing.

Clutch
Went into the show as a guy who knew a few Clutch songs I never really looked into them as I should have. When they started playing I was in awe they were phenomenal.
8/9 Boris
8/30 Morbid Saint/Vektor
Old 08-29-2012, 07:03 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Iron Maiden - Hard to say much more, either you've seen 'em and agree, haven't seen 'em, or are insane.

King Crimson - A very different kind of "best" live band, but I was absolutely entranced both of the times I saw them.

Yes - This was almost just going to be a list of my favorite bands, there. Unfortunately other bands have been less consistent and since this isn't a "best shows" thread, certain bands that have had godly shows but also a few 'ok' ones don't make the cut (Queensryche comes to mind.) Anyway, Yes. Pretty crazy considering I've only seen them in recent times, way past their prime. But I gotta say 2/2 times it was both amazing. I liked them, now having had seen them I love them.

Behemoth - This is the last band I can think of that has actually been fucking phenomenal every time I've seen them. Really great metal experiences.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
Iron Maiden - Hard to say much more, either you've seen 'em and agree, haven't seen 'em, or are insane.
Seen 'em, and have seen better.

There are a lot of bands I could list here, but honestly no one comes close to Overkill, so I'll just leave it at that.

20/11 Threshold
27/11 Accept
16/12 Metal All-Stars
Old 08-30-2012, 12:29 AM
Born Again In Blasphemy

I love death metal, I've seen a lot of death metal bands live. And Suffocation is the best.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

I would say the best show I've ever seen live was Roger Waters performing The Wall.

Other than that:

Hank III
Muse
Suffocation
Saint Vitus
Old 08-30-2012, 12:38 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Ghoul
I remember the last time I saw Ghoul was with elturtleboy. Killbot came out to go on the stage, but had too much difficulty walking up the steps to the stage, so never went up there. After the song, one of the sings said that we humans have conquered robots with the step hahaha
Old 08-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Lifeís swinging hard but Iím swinging harder.

The Chariot, The Dillinger Escape Plan, letlive., ETID, and Enter Shikari all have sooo much energy. Pure mayhem and carnage at their shows.