Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Old 08-30-2012, 05:47 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
The ones that stick out most as far as all around performance goes are:
Agalloch
Between the Buried and Me
I could probably add both of these to my list as most, like, awe-inspiring bands I've seen. I kinda wish I hadn't have been so dead tired at Summer Slaughter and had actually seen BTBAM's set instead of hearing bits and pieces while half passed out in the balcony.
9/12-14 Riot Fest
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
9/27 Blood Feast
Old 08-30-2012, 08:41 PM
slave to the grind

Damn, seen so many bands it's hard to narrow it down to just a few, but I'll try.

Clutch - I've seen them 9 times going all the way back to '94, and they have never let me down. The only times I've had even the slightest complaint were the times I saw the as a support act and they just didn't play long enough for my liking. Neil Fallon is a captivating frontman and the band never sounds less than perfect. Plus, I've never seen them play even close to the same setlist twice.

Avail - All 8 times I saw them were cathartic experiences. There was never another band like them and never will be. Pure energy onstage. They didn't play perfectly, but it's hardcore, it doesn't have to be perfect. All that matters is that when those 5 guys were on a stage together it was like an explosion. My favorite band ever, live or otherwise.

Iron Maiden - I don't go to huge concerts often, I prefer smaller, more intimate shows, but Maiden is the one band I will pay any price to see up close in a giant venue. Their stage show cannot be beaten. It doesn't even really matter to me what they play, they just always put on a great, energetic show.

Mr. Bungle - Only saw them once, and I'll admit, I was on acid at the time. That said, this was one of the greatest live performances I've ever witnessed. The set was heavy on California, which had just come out a few weeks earlier. I remember being in awe of how tight they were. Also, the show was at an outdoor venue in the middle of monsoon season, so there was all kinds of crazy lightning going on. Just a crazy, crazy show. I'm pretty sure I didn't hallucinate any of it.

Birdflesh - I've never seen a more fun band than Birdflesh. I have two of their albums that I only listen to occasionally, but there's just something about them live. Maybe it's the hilarious song intros, the goofy costumes, or maybe it's just that their kind of grind comes alive onstage. I don't know, they just rule so much. I can't explain it.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Altars of Radness

Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation
Old 08-31-2012, 12:18 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation Suffocation
Who?
Old 08-31-2012, 12:42 AM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Who?
SUFFOCATION
Old 08-31-2012, 12:49 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by srm90 View Post
SUFFOCATION
Who dat?
Old 08-31-2012, 01:10 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Who dat?
They're some death metal band from New Jersey.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:43 AM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Despise You. That is all.
10/31-King Diamond
Old 08-31-2012, 06:24 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

There's a few bands that I try not to miss if I can help it because they never disappoint live. These bands include Revocation, Vader, Decrepit Birth, Between the Buried and Me, The Faceless, Fleshgod Apocalypse, The Black Dahlia Murder, Dying Fetus, etc.

A couple of bands that truly stood out to me though were Mogwai and Destroyer 666. Still waiting for a chance to see either of these bands for a second time.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:55 PM
Bitch, shut up and blast beat my meat like a Pete Sandoval with titties.

Black Breath
Burning Love
Dying Fetus
The Black Dahlia Murder
Darkest Hour
The Devil Wears Prada
Misery Index
Linkin Park
Trivium
Kyng
The Air I Breathe
Machine Head