Mission Statement
Hell & Consequences
Digital (Did You Tell)
Made of Scars
A Rumor of Skin
Reborn
RU486
Say You'll Haunt Me
Nutshell (Alice In Chains, first verse and chorus)
Bother
Through Glass
The Travelers, Pt. 2
Last of the Real
30/30-150

Very good show, even though i've seen them three times now and Slipknot twice, I keep forgetting how short Corey is. The crowd was packed in very tight. When I arrived and walked in the door you could barely move. Eventually, while Papa Roach was stinking up the joint I had moved my way down to a decent spot on the floor. I think the venue holds around 2,000 and how they weren't in violation of the fire code last night i'll never know. We really were packed in that tight. Corey even comented how many people were jammed into the place.

I really like Stone Sour's new album and it was great to hear six songs off it even though they didn't play "Tired" which is probably my favorite from it. All the songs sounded really good, esepcially the new stuff. Very good crowd to, cheering loudly and singing along with just about everything. It was funny how during SYHM, that the overwhelming male dominated voice of the crowd turned into nothing but females singing along. I always said you have to have a vagina in order to like that song, I guess that proves my theory right

As usual the crowd drowned out Corey during Bother and Through Glass. He even commented several times during show how blown away he was by audiences response to everything. I know this was a few songs shorter than what they did in Europe but this tour here is a co-headlining one. I would've like to have heard something else off the first album but I saw them on the Come Whatever May tour and got plenty of those songs then so i'm OK with that.

Very enjoyable show, if you're thinking about going you should. Especially if you like the new album because once part 2 comes out in april you may have missed your chance to see some of these songs live.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:07 AM
Headbanger

They really didn't play Hesitate? That's a HUGE radio hit around here still. Rather hear it than Bother...

They seriously need to put Get Inside back in there too to offset the slower stuff too
Old 01-23-2013, 06:39 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
They really didn't play Hesitate? That's a HUGE radio hit around here still. Rather hear it than Bother...

They seriously need to put Get Inside back in there too to offset the slower stuff too
I don't think Hesitate has been a regular this tour at all. Awful song anyways, i'm glad they didn't do it. I know the radio played it a little when it was first released as a single but it certainly isn't a regularly played song from them around here now.

The only slow part of the set was the Bother/Through Glass combo which is usually the slow spot at their shows. The set was very fast paced up until then and the last two songs were great rockers to end the show. I'm not sure what slower stuff Get Inside is supposed to offset since the bulk of the show was very upbeat.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:47 AM
Concert Veteran

Whoops, put the wrong year in the thread title Can a mod change it to 2013?
Old 01-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Do you know the Papa Roach set?

Really wanted to go to this show but sadly it's this Sunday and I'm already going to see Hatebreed play in a small ass venue.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:31 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Do you know the Papa Roach set?
Not a fan so no. They were already playing when I got there. I recognised a few of the hits, Forever, Getting Away With Murder, the song that was the Monday Night Raw theme a few years ago and they ended with Last Resort. Other than that I have no clue and don't care.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:13 PM
N00B

Decent setlist. Glad to see there's only 3 songs off of Audio Secrecy, since that album wasn't very good, although the lack of S/T songs other than Bother is kind of saddening.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:37 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Decent setlist. Glad to see there's only 3 songs off of Audio Secrecy, since that album wasn't very good, although the lack of S/T songs other than Bother is kind of saddening.
I think since they've played the stuff off the first album so much now, they're probably just taking a break from it. Except for Bother, I don't think there's any other song off the S/T that is a must play evrey show.

My problem with Audio Secrecy was the cheesy love songs Corey wrote for it. SYHM is tolerable but I still really don't care for it. Dying and Hesitate are boy band quality love songs and have no place being on a Stone Sour record. The rest of the album is fine. At least with Mission Statement and Digital they're playing two of the better songs from it.

Tags
stone sour