Gojira -- Providence, RI -- October 30th, 2014
Slipknot -- El Paso, TX -- October 29th, 2014
Saint Vitus -- London, England -- October 29th, 2014
King Diamond -- Seattle, WA -- October 28th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-09-2013, 10:19 PM
In Search of Truth

Queensryche -- Jim Thorpe, PA -- March 9th, 2013

Holy fucking shit, that's all I can say. Todd was unbelievably good (and even a tad under the weather, hence why the set is two tracks shorter than some other shows), but the energy and overall vibe was just levels above what it has been in the past, and this was easily my favorite of the six times I've seen them.

01 Queen of the Reich
02 Speak
03 Walk in the Shadows
04 The Whisper
05 En Force
06 Child of Fire
07 Warning
08 The Needle Lies
09 Prophecy
10 Roads to Madness
11 My Empty Room
12 Eyes of a Stranger
ENCORE
13 Take Hold of the Flame
14 Silent Lucidity
15 Empire
Old 03-09-2013, 10:54 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Holy fucking shit, that's all I can say.
Yeah that was my reaction after the LA show haha. We'll see if the album's good, but it's tough to deny that Todd is jawdroppingly good when it comes to the old songs.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 03-10-2013, 05:27 AM
Random Star

I saw them Friday and they didn't really come out and say he was under the weather. Not that this is "good to hear," but it at least explains why his voice was completely shot after Needle Lies on Friday night. It became obvious that he was done during Prophecy and then he completely "mailed in" Roads to Madness. The last half of the set was uncomfortable to watch because he couldn't even attempt any of the higher vocals. Quite disappointing after how awesome the first 6 or 7 songs were. They did not play I Don't Believe in Love, Take Hold, or Jet City Woman on Friday night in NJ. Band sounded great throughout the night and the set really started to kick right before his voice went. I would be surprised if you told me his voice lasted through the entire set without the same issues.

Last edited by Platinum Maze; 03-10-2013 at 05:35 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:47 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum Maze View Post
I saw them Friday and they didn't really come out and say he was under the weather. Not that this is "good to hear," but it at least explains why his voice was completely shot after Needle Lies on Friday night. It became obvious that he was done during Prophecy and then he completely "mailed in" Roads to Madness. The last half of the set was uncomfortable to watch because he couldn't even attempt any of the higher vocals. Quite disappointing after how awesome the first 6 or 7 songs were. They did not play I Don't Believe in Love, Take Hold, or Jet City Woman on Friday night in NJ. Band sounded great throughout the night and the set really started to kick right before his voice went. I would be surprised if you told me his voice lasted through the entire set without the same issues.
There was noticeable wear on his voice by the end of the show, but nothing alarming, and I could hear the vocals pretty clearly. I actually noticed him struggling more on songs like Walk in the Shadows than on anything like The Needle Lies, Prophecy, or Roads to Madness. The band seemed ecstatic with his performance though, and he mentioned that had undergone pretty drastic measures to keep his voice as great as possible for the show. Apparently half the band are actually sick right now. All I'm gonna say is that if this was him while under the weather, him at 100% capacity must be unbelievable, because he still put Tate to shame all night.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:15 PM
The Cheese

That's a pretty short set... it's like their Judas Priest opening set in 2005.

I hope whatever "drastic measures" Todd is taking to keep singing aren't too crazy. You can really hurt your voice if you're sick and pushing it too hard.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:27 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post

I hope whatever "drastic measures" Todd is taking to keep singing aren't too crazy. You can really hurt your voice if you're sick and pushing it too hard.
By "taking drastic measures" Todd probably meant something like not saying a single word before and after the set and inhaling steam from hot tea and stuff like that. Todd may be pretty inexperienced when it comes to touring, but dude seems to know how to take care of his voice.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 03-10-2013, 04:30 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
Well, it was two songs shorter than the planned setlist given them playing it safe due to sickness, thankfully I'm glad they dropped the two they did. Dropping songs like "Roads to Madness", "Child of Fire", or "Prophecy" would have totally ruined the special-ness of this show.

Also, it didn't feel short at all. Yeah, 85 minutes isn't long, but honestly, I'm not one of those people who needs bands to play over 2 hours to feel entertained, I just want a good show, whatever the length. Considering they're actually a full-blown, energetic metal band again, I can totally understand not wanting to play all that much longer than they planned to. I'd much rather see a highly entertaining, top-notch 85 minute set than a mediocre, uninspired 2 hour one. But we've had this argument before. At the end of the day, while I was there, all I could think of was how great the show was, and how impressed and entertained I was. Going all analytical now would just be kind of dumb. I go to shows to have fun and be entertained, not to sit analyzing every way it could have been better in hindsight.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:08 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Sounds awesome.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:55 AM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Holy fucking shit, that's all I can say.
01 Queen of the Reich
03 Walk in the Shadows
05 En Force
06 Child of Fire
07 Warning
09 Prophecy
10 Roads to Madness
12 Eyes of a Stranger
ENCORE
13 Take Hold of the Flame
15 Empire
I'd be happy if it was just that, anything else they did was just gravy!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Maiden View Post
I'd be happy if it was just that, anything else they did was just gravy!
Same.

It's a little weird seeing Queensryche under Latest Set Lists and not knowing exactly which band played... made for an awkward twitter moment this morning for me when who did what and where over the weekend.

Tags
queensryche