Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-31-2013, 09:28 AM
toolfansat toolfansat is offline
Music? Yeah... it's my life.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 298
Boston Strong Benefit -- Boston, MA -- May 30th, 2013

An awesome show, and for a great cause too!
And honestly, it was certainly the only way I would ever be at a performance by NKOTB!

BOSTON

Star Spangled Banner
Rock & Roll Band
Smokin'
More Than a Feeling
Foreplay / Long Time


EXTREME

More Than Words
Hole Hearted


THE J.GEILS BAND
(no setlist yet)

JASON ALDEAN

Take a Little Ride
Dirt Road Anthem
My Kinda Party
She's Country


DROPKICK MURPHYS

Don't Tear Us Apart
Jimmy Collins' Wake
Rose Tattoo
I'm Shipping Up to Boston


NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK / BELL BIV DEVOE / BOYS 2 MEN
(no setlist yet)


CAROLE KING / JAMES TAYLOR
(no setlist yet)

JIMMY BUFFETT

Mexico (with James Taylor)
Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
A Pirate Looks at Forty
Margaritaville


AEROSMITH

Train Kept A-Rollin'
Sweet Emotion
Dream On
Livin' on the Edge
Mother Popcorn
Walk This Way
Encore:
Come Together
Dirty Water
__________________
10/29 Rodrigo y Gabriela
10/30 Mastodon
11/21 Ace Frehley
12/5 Gary Hoey
12/19 TSO

Last edited by toolfansat; 05-31-2013 at 09:31 AM. Reason: update
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-31-2013, 10:06 AM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfansat View Post
An awesome show, and for a great cause too!
And honestly, it was certainly the only way I would ever be at a performance by NKOTB!

BOSTON

Star Spangled Banner
Rock & Roll Band
Smokin'
More Than a Feeling
Foreplay / Long Time


EXTREME

More Than Words
Hole Hearted


THE J.GEILS BAND
(no setlist yet)

JASON ALDEAN

Take a Little Ride
Dirt Road Anthem
My Kinda Party
She's Country


DROPKICK MURPHYS

Don't Tear Us Apart
Jimmy Collins' Wake
Rose Tattoo
I'm Shipping Up to Boston


NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK / BELL BIV DEVOE / BOYS 2 MEN
(no setlist yet)


CAROLE KING / JAMES TAYLOR
(no setlist yet)

JIMMY BUFFETT

Mexico (with James Taylor)
Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
A Pirate Looks at Forty
Margaritaville


AEROSMITH

Train Kept A-Rollin'
Sweet Emotion
Dream On
Livin' on the Edge
Mother Popcorn
Walk This Way
Encore:
Come Together
Dirty Water
I wonder why Aerosmith put three covers in there show instead of say "Rag Doll", "Draw The Line", or " Janie's Got A Gun".Boston should have switched Smokin' with Don't Look Back.It stinks that Extreme only got two songs though, but I imagine it was an excellent show.
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-31-2013, 12:56 PM
toolfansat toolfansat is offline
Music? Yeah... it's my life.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 298
Just curious why my post got moved to "General Chat" when it's a legit post/review about an actual show I went to!
__________________
10/29 Rodrigo y Gabriela
10/30 Mastodon
11/21 Ace Frehley
12/5 Gary Hoey
12/19 TSO
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-31-2013, 01:22 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,250
Probably cause it's NOT METAL!!!111
But IMO it should have stayed due to Aerosmith and Boston.
__________________
10/6 Torche
11/16 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-31-2013, 02:31 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Probably cause it's NOT METAL!!!111
But IMO it should have stayed due to Aerosmith and Boston.
In most cases I would argue and say Extreme is a metal band, but sense they only played their two most none-metal songs, I will not make that statement.
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-31-2013, 05:50 PM
hot_turkey_ed's Avatar
hot_turkey_ed hot_turkey_ed is offline
Director, Set List Intelligence
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 10,831
Blog Entries: 1
I'll tell you why I moved it to General Chat.

Editorial discretion.

Not remotely metal. Extreme playing their radio hit is hardly a counterweight the rest of the bands. Aerosmith? A bit more interesting.. but not really metal. Aerosmith, I would even more inclined to let slide. However, I've been noticing more and more non-metals lists showing up recently. And no, yours is not the first to be moved. At the end of day, this is heavy metal site and we're going to remain as such until the lights go out. Every now and then, we are going move threads to that end. It's not fair but there it is.

What about XYZ band that you didn't move? Editorial discretion.

Personally, I would have been MUCH less inclined to move your thread if you had written more about your experience at the concert instead of just posting the set lists. This is not an open invitation to write about every god damn non-metal show everyone attends but ultimately metalsetlists is about of us, not the bands. It's about this thing of ours for which we share an incredible passion. Sometimes, that passion takes us musically off the reservation and that's just fine. Those little adventures can make for great write ups. ( Getting wrecked in Nashville and attempting to pay country bands to play anything metal.. that I should have written up. FYI, the closest any band got was Pat Benatar. ) I also consider who is doing the posting in terms of activity / contribution.

And not to bullshit around it: there are some bands that are of such interest to the community that they get a pass. To name one: I'm staring at you, Rush. Again not fair but there it is.

One more little thing to think about. The thread got moved to General Chat. It didn't get deleted. Your thread already shows up in Google. It's still a valuable contribution and a lot of people are going to read it, just not in the area that is dedicated to metal.
__________________
Jaco died for our sins so that modern bass players could be free to play more and be heard.

Last edited by hot_turkey_ed; 06-01-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-31-2013, 07:04 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
I'll tell you why I moved it to General Chat.

Editorial discretion.

Not remotely metal. Extreme playing their radio hit is hardly a counterweight the rest of the bands. Aerosmith? A bit more interesting.. but not really metal. Aerosmith, I would even more inclined to let slide. However, I've been noticing more and more non-metals lists showing up recently. And no, yours is not the first to be moved. At the end of day, this is heavy metal site and we're going to remain as such until the lights go out. Every now and then, we are going move threads to that end. It's not fair but there it is.

What about XYZ band that you didn't move? Editorial discretion.

Personally, I would have been MUCH less inclined to move your thread if you had written more about your experience at the concert instead of just posting the set lists. This is not an open invitation to write about every god damn non-metal show everyone attends but ultimately metalsetlists is about of us, not the bands. It's about this thing of ours for which we share an incredible passion. Sometimes, that passion takes us musically off the reservation and that's just fine. Those little adventures can make for great write ups. ( Getting wrecked in Nashville and attempting to pay country bands to play anything metal.. that I should have written up. FYI, the closest any band got was Pat Benatar. ) I also consider who is doing the posting in terms of activity / contribution.

And not to bullshit around it: there are some bands that are of such interest to the community that they get a pass. To name one: I'm staring at you, Rush. Again not fair but there it is.

One more little thing to think about. The thread got moved to General Chat. It didn't get deleted. Your thread already shows up in Google. It's still a valuable contribution and a lot of people are going to read it, just not in the area that is dedicated to metal.
Like I said, since they played their radio hits I'm not going to argue and say that Extreme is a metal band, but besides their ballads, they are very much a metal band to me (a funk metal band to be exact).
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx

Last edited by hot_turkey_ed; 06-01-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-31-2013, 07:14 PM
toolfansat toolfansat is offline
Music? Yeah... it's my life.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 298
ok... No arguments about the non metal ness about the show! just was curious. as for the lack of commentary... blame that on exhaustion!

suggestion: a new forum just for non metal shows that people would be interested in reading. I know I would check that regularly!
__________________
10/29 Rodrigo y Gabriela
10/30 Mastodon
11/21 Ace Frehley
12/5 Gary Hoey
12/19 TSO

Last edited by toolfansat; 05-31-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-31-2013, 07:16 PM
toolfansat toolfansat is offline
Music? Yeah... it's my life.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Like I said, since they played their radio hits I'm not going to argue and say that Extreme is a metal band, but besides their ballads, they are very much a metal band to me (a funk metal band to be exact).

Nuno wasn't even there... he's still pissed I guess!
__________________
10/29 Rodrigo y Gabriela
10/30 Mastodon
11/21 Ace Frehley
12/5 Gary Hoey
12/19 TSO
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-31-2013, 07:25 PM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,688
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-th...061745789.html

So wow. If that's true, he's a huge piece of shit.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:24 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008