Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Raven -- Fullerton, CA -- October 23rd, 2014
King Diamond -- Denver, CO -- October 24th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 24th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-16-2013, 07:08 AM
Facetheslayer Facetheslayer is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: England
Posts: 8
Metallica -- Shanghai, China -- August 14th, 2013

Thought the set would be a lot different to the night before at the same venue, but surprisingly not, just basically a greatest hits show. Even more surprisingly, "One" was not played AGAIN. Still nice to see Leper Messiah though.

1. Hit the Lights
2. For Whom the Bell Tolls
3. The Shortest Straw
4. Harvester of Sorrow
5. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
6. Broken, Beat and Scarred
7. Leper Messiah
8. Wherever I May Roam
9. The Unforgiven
10. Sad But True
11. ...And Justice for All
12. Fade to Black
13. Blackened
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Enter Sandman

-----------------------------

16. Stone Cold Crazy (Queen Cover)
17. Whiplash
18. Seek and Destroy
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-16-2013, 07:28 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,181
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetheslayer View Post
Thought the set would be a lot different to the night before at the same venue, but surprisingly not, just basically a greatest hits show. Even more surprisingly, "One" was not played AGAIN. Still nice to see Leper Messiah though.

1. Hit the Lights
2. For Whom the Bell Tolls
3. The Shortest Straw
4. Harvester of Sorrow
5. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
6. Broken, Beat and Scarred
7. Leper Messiah
8. Wherever I May Roam
9. The Unforgiven
10. Sad But True
11. ...And Justice for All
12. Fade to Black
13. Blackened
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Enter Sandman

-----------------------------

16. Stone Cold Crazy (Queen Cover)
17. Whiplash
18. Seek and Destroy
More or less "greatest hits" = 1 & 2nd time in China

No One = government censorship.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-16-2013, 08:10 AM
Facetheslayer Facetheslayer is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: England
Posts: 8
Makes sense. Must have been a long time since they've missed that off a headlining set.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-16-2013, 09:56 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,181
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetheslayer View Post
Makes sense. Must have been a long time since they've missed that off a headlining set.
Extremely.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetheslayer View Post
Makes sense. Must have been a long time since they've missed that off a headlining set.
There was a set in the last couple of years it wasn't played as well, but that was on a regular tour and there could have been any reason why it was dropped.

Good set, though. I have zero problem with One, it, NEM and Sandman are good spots for a piss or beer break!
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-16-2013, 06:45 PM
HeavyMetalBuffalo HeavyMetalBuffalo is offline
Never wanted your approval. Never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me --- LOG
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: The Universe
Posts: 55
Now that they're dropping major hits. Maybe it is time to drop Nothing Else Matters and Enter Sandman
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-16-2013, 07:12 PM
DisposableJustice's Avatar
DisposableJustice DisposableJustice is online now
Close your eyes forget your name
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,460
I still think it's interesting that they didn't play One, Master of Puppets, or Creeping death; yet they played Leper Messiah, The Shortest Straw as well as And Justice for All...the two latter songs about government control in some form or another
__________________
11/08- Lewis Black
11/11- Slipknot/Korn
11/19- Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-17-2013, 01:42 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,181
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
I still think it's interesting that they didn't play One, Master of Puppets, or Creeping death; yet they played Leper Messiah, The Shortest Straw as well as And Justice for All...the two latter songs about government control in some form or another
Good point, but take MOP: it's about control, and despite China being modern in many ways, there's still one party, there are still concentration camps and so on...
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-17-2013, 06:57 PM
velvetgrass velvetgrass is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenfield, WI
Posts: 422
No Master Of Puppets and One makes me a sad panda

Good to see Leper Messiah in there though and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Broken, Beaten, & Scarred has been played many times since the actual Death Magnetic tour (2008-2010)?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-17-2013, 09:25 PM
Phil709 Phil709 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Broken, Beaten, & Scarred has been played many times since the actual Death Magnetic tour (2008-2010)?
http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/me...at+%26+Scarred

http://www.chapterinc.com/song.php?song=374&shows=true

If 5 times is not many times then you are correct.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
metallica

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:19 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008