Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- September 16th, 2007
Queen -- Atlantic City, NJ -- July 26th, 2014
Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-13-2013, 05:12 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackedUpForBBQ View Post
Ha, you're right, I'm just a big Danzig-era Misfits fan. They were probably the first band besides Pink Floyd that I got into really hard in my early teens. Hearing you say that you're a Danzig fan and not a Misfits fan is rare. Most of the time I hear about people loving the Misfits but not caring for Danzig's solo material. A lot of the people I know that are going are only going for the Misfits stuff being played. That being said, I love all of it and I can't wait to hear Devil's Plaything damnit! And I too would love to hear more off of III..... Godless and Bodies would be great
The three people i'm going with only care about Danzig's solo stuff and don't care about the Misfit stuff getting played. I guess every fan is different when it comes to that. It also depends on when they were introduced to Danzig to. If the Misfits stuff was their first exposure to him then I can understand why someone would like it so much.

I first got into Danzig back when How The Gods Kill came out. I didn't even listen to anything from The Misfits until after I had gotten the first four Danzig albums. After hearing the awesome songwriting on those albums, it's not a surprise that I couldn't get into The Misfits. All their songs just sounded like 2 minutes of noise to me and because of his solo stuff I was aware that Danzig was better songwriter than what he did with The Misfits. So, that's why they never appealed to me.

Tags
danzig