Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Metallica -- Gelsenkirchen, Germany -- May 29th, 2015
Amaranthe -- Philadephia, PA -- May 16th, 2015
Ensiferum -- Philadelphia, PA -- May 28th, 2015
Ministry -- Minneapolis, MN -- May 28th, 2015
Whitesnake -- Spokane, WA -- May 28th, 2015


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 03-16-2014, 09:45 AM
marker marker is offline
somebody somewhere
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Anaheim , CA
Posts: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Well, most frequent posters have been here for a long time.

Maybe teh new crowed only listens to A7X & Volbeat and is too "troo" to come here?
They just don't want to made fun of on a consistent basis.
  #22  
Old 03-16-2014, 09:45 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Marion Cotillard is my muse
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,852
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker View Post
They just don't want to made fun of on a consistent basis.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.

11/07 - Toto
03/10 - Glenn Hughes
  #23  
Old 03-16-2014, 09:53 AM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is offline
Metal Setlists Elitist Committee
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,989
The only thing I've really noticed is some regular forum members not posting any more. Other than that, everything seems about fine. I feel like it's a bit more active near the end of the year every year because all the Album Of The Year discussion.
__________________
6/2 Ufommamut/Usnea
6/20 Acid King
10/10-11 California Deathfest
  #24  
Old 03-16-2014, 09:55 AM
marker marker is offline
somebody somewhere
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Anaheim , CA
Posts: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
I could see where a new guy with only a few posts would feel uncomfortable on here.
  #25  
Old 03-16-2014, 09:58 AM
DisposableJustice's Avatar
DisposableJustice DisposableJustice is offline
I AM THE GREAT BIG MOUTH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,912
I agree I have seen a slow down since I joined in 2010, but I'm not super worried about it; I think part of it, for me a least is with money being so tight I don't go to as many shows as I used to and when I do it is usually a band that has been touring around so there is no surprises for a set list.

I also think how diverse we are in terms of musical taste it can be hard to get discussion going for people who like some types of metal but not others. I joined the official Iron Maiden Boards for about a year and of course because the focus was Iron Maiden, discussions were focused on that which spawned long threads; here since our tastes are so diverse it can be hard to get a long focused thread going unless it "le gayness de Mayhem Fest" and really that can get old after a while

But like I said I'm not too worried; This is the only forum I go to anymore because I like the set-up, my fellow members for the most part are pretty cool and and I enjoy reading reviews, rants and other stuff. Besides nothing out of this world is happening in metal right now, you got your usual tours, new albums, people breaking up, etc.
__________________
07/05-Slayer/King Diamond
08/19-Slipknot/Lamb of God
08/23-Weird Al
  #26  
Old 03-16-2014, 10:02 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
with his arms outstretched
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 6,342
Theme song for this thread
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Jesus fucking Christ I miss that man.
__________________
06/20 -- Bolt Thrower
07/06 -- U2
07/10 -- Incantation
08/06 -- Neurosis
08/07 -- Faith No More
08/22 -- Motley Crue
10/03 -- Origin

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-16-2014 at 10:04 AM.
  #27  
Old 03-16-2014, 10:10 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Marion Cotillard is my muse
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,852
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
I agree I have seen a slow down since I joined in 2010, but I'm not super worried about it; I think part of it, for me a least is with money being so tight I don't go to as many shows as I used to and when I do it is usually a band that has been touring around so there is no surprises for a set list.

I also think how diverse we are in terms of musical taste it can be hard to get discussion going for people who like some types of metal but not others. I joined the official Iron Maiden Boards for about a year and of course because the focus was Iron Maiden, discussions were focused on that which spawned long threads; here since our tastes are so diverse it can be hard to get a long focused thread going unless it "le gayness de Mayhem Fest" and really that can get old after a while

But like I said I'm not too worried; This is the only forum I go to anymore because I like the set-up, my fellow members for the most part are pretty cool and and I enjoy reading reviews, rants and other stuff. Besides nothing out of this world is happening in metal right now, you got your usual tours, new albums, people breaking up, etc.
2010?

I think it has started to get more quiet since last year.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.

11/07 - Toto
03/10 - Glenn Hughes
  #28  
Old 03-16-2014, 10:12 AM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is online now
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,852
I'll try to post more often. I know I'm greatly missed.
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
  #29  
Old 03-16-2014, 10:12 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Marion Cotillard is my muse
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,852
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
I'll try to post more often. I know I'm greatly missed.
What makes you say that ;-)
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.

11/07 - Toto
03/10 - Glenn Hughes
  #30  
Old 03-16-2014, 10:14 AM
DisposableJustice's Avatar
DisposableJustice DisposableJustice is offline
I AM THE GREAT BIG MOUTH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
2010?

I think it has started to get more quiet since last year.
When I joined in 2010 I wasn't really a regular poster until early 2011...
__________________
07/05-Slayer/King Diamond
08/19-Slipknot/Lamb of God
08/23-Weird Al
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008