Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-06-2014, 08:32 PM
N00B

Dog Fashion Disco -- Westland, MI -- June 5th, 2014

I got there right after Psychostick started. This was my 2nd time seeing them. They're kinda funny in small doses, but I thought their set dragged on way too long. They're a complete novelty, and it got kinda tired after awhile. I did enjoy their parody of Drowning Pool's song "Bodies" that was "I can always count to four." That was hilarious!

Dog Fashion Disco headlined. The first time I saw these guys was in 2000 on their tour w/ Nothingface and From Zero. They were definitely one of those band that leaves a huge impression on you, whether you like them or not. I saw them 3 or 4 more times before they sort of broke up in 2005. Last night was my first time seeing them in almost ten years. I was so psyched that they are back. I had no clue what to expect from this show since they've been gone for so long. There were about 250 people at the show, but they were all diehards. This show was so unbelievably fun! Say what you will about these guys being weird or their lyrics making very little sense, but they are very good musicians, and their music is very diverse. They're not just another heavy band. They're part metal, part jazz, part rock, part funk, and part comedy. They had their saxophone player Matt at this show. I'd never seen them with him before. He adds a lot to their music. They said he only has 5 more shows left with the band on this tour. That's too bad. "Dr. Piranha" was an early highlight. The show could've ended after "Magical Band of Fools," and I would've been perfectly happy. I absolutely LOVE that song, and there was much more great music ahead. They called "Pogo the Clown" an old classic. Um, OK. They played one new song "War Party" (new album called SWEET NOTHINGS comes out in July). Toward the end of their set they started asking for requests. People started yelling for pretty much every song they have, and Todd looked at Jason and said, "This (asking for requests) was a bad idea." haha. Someone requested "Headless," and Todd asked the band something like, "You guys feeling brave?" They played that song unplanned, though, and said it was the first time they've played it on this tour. I always love hearing "Leper Friend" and "9 to 5 at the Morgue." During "Pink Riots" a man who was pushing 60 years old crowd surfed up to the stage. That was awesome! I definitely got the feeling at this show that since the crowd was so into it, the band just kept playing for as long as they could. The setlist was pretty much perfect. I would've liked to have heard "Desert Grave," but I have absolutely no complaints at all. This show was fantastic, and I want to go see DFD again RIGHT NOW! I hope they come back soon & often. Setlist:

Love Song For A Witch
Rapist Eyes
Dr. Piranha
The Sacrifice of Miss Rose Covington
Worm in a Dog's Heart
Valley Girl Ventriloquist
Magical Band of Fools
Pogo The Clown
War Party (new song)
9 to 5 at the Morgue
The Acid Memoirs
The Darkest Days
Headless
Leper Friend
Pink Riots
--encore--
Nude In The Wilderness
Sweet Insanity
Vertigo Motel
8/11 Norma Jean
9/11 For Today
9/12 hb
9/19 Periphery
10/16 PJ
Old 06-07-2014, 04:24 AM

Damn we only got 14 songs in Providence. Would have loved to have heard Headless.

It was nice that there was a decent crown at my show, last time I saw them there was maybe 15 people in the crowd.

Tags
dog fashion disco